• March 28, 2024, 03:45:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS-2132L-ES  (Read 29418 times)

nomadweb.design

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2132L-ES
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2022, 06:45:12 AM »

OK, I think I may have got it working with the custom firware. Thadiusdog if it's ok with you I'll make a tutorial on how I got mine working.

Thadiusdog

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2022, 10:44:39 AM »

Glad to hear you got it working.  Feel free to make a tutorial as it might help someone in the future.

Question: When you say you couldn't access the web interface with the ES version of firmware... are you seeing a white page with the video and an option to update the firmware?  If so, that is the version from D-Link.  Because the camera was meant for the SAGE Home Automation System, D-Link did not include their standard web gui interface in the firmware they released and/or they only released a version with the parts that are licensed under GPL.

For clarity:

1) Other versions of firmware for the 2132L camera don't work because the flash map is different for the ES cameras.  Basically the ES camera uses a different part of memory to load the operating system.

2) The SAGE product was only offered in the US as SAGE/ES cameras were designed to be used with Dish TV.   There is no strange firewall on the camera.  Also, just read an ebay review online about how they were not offered in the US and Dlink "region locks" their devices.  Very funny but very untrue with this camera.  The reason it cannot connect to the MyDlink service is it was never assigned a MyDlink number.   If you look at the non ES version it will have a MyDlink number on the sticker on the back of the camera ... the ES versions don't have the MyDlink number  :)

3) arp -a   :  This is a command run from a Windows command line.  It will show the mapping of MAC address to IP address.  A MAC address is a unique set of numbers and characters (hex) assigned to a network adapter.   The MAC address for the camera should be on the back.  We do this to find the IP address so we can connect to the camera since it is set up to acquire the IP address by DHCP. 

More info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

Ex:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>arp -a

Interface: 10.0.0.2 -
  Internet Address      Physical Address      Type
  10.0.0.100            03-4a-11-9f-f1-7d     dynamic

nomadweb.design

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 01:52:01 PM »

Your Firmware is what made mine work. Once I loaded the firmware on the micro SD card and it went though it's things. It worked immediately like it should and like I am used to seeing.

Thank you for helping make this work. I'll post the firmware along with a quick video tut asap. Let me know otherwise. Thx!
- Andrew

mtv1geo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 11:35:03 AM »

Looking forward to this information. I bought 4 of these ES a few years back and was able to flash the FW on the 21332l-ES to 2132l-B version...can't remember how I did it now..but can not update the new ones I bought. The Sage ES cameras would not connect to the D-link cloud directly, but they do connect to the NVR-202 which does connect to the Cloud, so the cameras were all reachable via the D-Link cloud app.

MathildeBuxton

• Level 1 Member
  • Open for everything new
    • sloboda studio
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2022, 02:51:05 AM »

OK, I think I may have got it working with the custom firware. Thadiusdog if it's ok with you I'll make a tutorial on how I got mine working.
Nice idea))
:)
Pages: 1 [2]