The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DSM-750

My DSM-750 died (how I repaired it)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mr Bear:
My DSM-750 recently stop working. Basically it would not turn off and I had to unplugged the unit. It would not turn back on. I did observe the red light from the optical audio port. Using the information above I found C119 defective. Is there a recommended replacement capacitor for ordering?

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Mr Bear on December 19, 2011, 06:28:02 AM ---My DSM-750 recently stop working. Basically it would not turn off and I had to unplugged the unit. It would not turn back on. I did observe the red light from the optical audio port. Using the information above I found C119 defective. Is there a recommended replacement capacitor for ordering?

--- End quote ---

This thread also contains some discussion about capacitor replacement: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38381.0

kereddivad:
We had a power outage at home and now our DSM-750 will not turn back on even after unplugging it.  I will pull my cover and check out the caps as people have stated here hoping that it is just a coincidence with the power outage. Is there anything else to check? Does anyone know where I can get the schematics for the unit? I want to check out the power supply too...

kereddivad:
 ;D
I found that C119 was bulging on my main board. After some crude soldering, I am worse at it than I remember, the unit now turns on and functions normally. Either the power outage was a coincidence or it was the final straw for the weakest link, in this case C119. Thanks to all for their informative posts!
 ;D

rhrosz:
This a good fix. Changing these capacitors, worked on my dead dsm750's.

Another issue was the power supplies that were not entirely dead, but bad enough to make one of the devices malfunction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version