• April 16, 2024, 12:10:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Disable DHCP  (Read 4032 times)

euroman

Disable DHCP
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:09 AM »

Router is running fine with network protocol n except every other hour I get a "Could not connect to DNS" and I loose connection (I have another router which do not have this problem). I am connected to a host that probides 90 mbit out of the wall. Only use the router as wireless. host says I should disable DHCP and use their DHCP server so their shows under DHCP when doing an ipconfig /all. So how do I come about this? If unticking DHCP here http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dir615_revC/310NA/lan.htm I just loose wireless connection and ip still router ip under ipconfig /all

Trikein

Re: Disable DHCP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »

Unless they're willing to give you more then 1 IP, you don't want to disable the routers DHCP server if you want more then 1 computer to get online. I think they mean to use PPPoE or some other method on the router and not use DHCP on the WAN. But if that was the case, they wouldnt have DHCP servers. So I think you got some bad info there. Could you give more info? Who is your ISP? What other equipment do you have?