• April 24, 2024, 05:36:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 655 problems since patching to 1.11 firmware ( Vonage issues as well)  (Read 2994 times)

Trebor343

• Level 1 Member

Ok...

I went and did a firmware update from 1.10 to 1.11 with the vain hope that it would make my DIR 655 and my Vonage phone service play nice with one another. That didn't work and still doesnt work...

however since 1.11 I have to NOW hard reset my Comcast modem in order for the DIR 655 to even get an IP and connection from my cable. That gets quite annoying when I am messing with my settings and have to reboot and reset all the devices on my network all the time here.

Anyway I was hoping to fix the following problem with Vonage

When playing an online game like wow and a call comes through... not only is the call dropped but anyone who is playing wow gets booted as well. However now since the firm ware update I can't even place a call reliably and its definitely related to the update.

problems with the update ? anyone have any suggestions for getting this router to work with Vonage ? What about a new firmware update from Dlink to fix the issues with 1.11 ?

what have I done ?

Assigned the vonage device a static IP and assigned it to the DMZ... that didn't work
Opened up port forwarding for the ports needed by Vonage .... nadda