D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-2660

WPA options

(1/9) > >>

Chocofenix:
I updated my old iPhone to iOS 14, I have just noticed that it's flagging my network as not secure as it uses TKIP. In the router settings there's basically security on or off, without the option of saying WPA2A-AES (I wouldnt unrealistically expect WPA3)

I think this needs addressing prior to iOS14's release or D Link will get some angry customers with their somewhat expensive router being labelled not secure with no way of securing it.

I should probably also question that surely WPA1/TKIP shouldn't even be an option on the 5GHz network (where using separate names)?

Are there any beta firmwares available that perhaps give this option?

Thanks

FurryNutz:
Did this happen on iOS 13? iOS 14 is beta currently so there maybe issues with iOS beta vs D-Link FW.
What model iPhone are you using?

What FW version are you using on the DIR router?

Chocofenix:
Hey, thanks for the reply :)

It's not an error on the iPhone as such, it's a warning that the network is using TKIP authentication which is considered not secure, it's an iPhone SE so basically a 6s.

Apple have been getting increasingly stricter with security and certificates over the last couple of years - mobile device enrolment stuff requires full chain certificates as of iOS13 so I'm not overly surprised they're flagging TKIP.

The firmware is 1.11, and I tried a factory reset last night to see if it's something I did but no go

Many thanks

FurryNutz:
Please post a screenshot of this error.
Adding Screenshots In A Post

I just checked my 2660 with my iphone 6sP, iOS 13.6 Not seeing any errors with mine though I don't have iOS 14 loaded. It had been running the iOS13 beta stream up to a few months ago. Not sure if my 6sP is 14 compatible. I believe the phone is connected at WPA2 mode because the connection rate between the phone and DIR router is over 400Mpbs. I believe I would not see this if the mode was WPA.

Do you have any other wifi devices to compare or test with?

Chocofenix:
I cant attach at the moment as I'm at work and the phone with beta on is at home. but will upload later, however, this is more about the fact I want to br able to disable TKIP, and select the options for encryption and turn off compatibility modes. This cannot seem to be done with this router.

Its speeds are fine, I believe what it is doing is identifying that the network can be connected to via insecure methods. Which I wish to disable.

Many thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version