• April 19, 2024, 06:09:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DFL-860 Problem  (Read 2728 times)

RGData

• Level 1 Member
DFL-860 Problem
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:39:41 AM »

My DFL-860 for some reason over the last week has started cutting off peoples connections on our LAN to the database server on a separate LAN (split by the DFL-860) for a few minutes at random times. I have not changed any settings on the firewall for a few months so I have no idea why it has started to do this. It is not a complete block to everyone, one computer could be blocked but the machine next to it will connect fine. Connecting within the same LAN still works fine so it is not the switch or the computer itself and the internet connection will also be cut off.

I have also noticed the system light on the firewall will go off at random times for a few minutes when this happens everyone is cut off. I have checked the firewall logs and there is nothing in them that has anything to do with the blocking of individual machines and more worryingly nothing to say the firewall has restarted when the system light goes off.

Any one have any ideas whats happening here?

RGData

• Level 1 Member
Re: DFL-860 Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:12:07 AM »

I have been watching the connections page in the Status menu and the timeout jumps from about 250000 to about 60 and that is when the connection is lost although it is still shows as TCP_OPEN.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: DFL-860 Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »

Your DFL is showing a lot of unusual activity, I would flash the latest firmware (re-flash if you are already there) and then see if problems persist.  If they do then by all means call us up, you may have a defective unit or something, but this is very troubling.
non progredi est regredi