The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Hubs and Switches

DGS-1024D Daisy Chaining not working

(1/2) > >>

tipton:
I have a router upstairs connected to a non Dlink 4 port switch that is then going to my Dlink DGS-1024D downstairs.  i can get no internet connection on the Dlink.  when i go back to my old setup of connecting a 5 port switch  downstairs i get a connection immediately. 

is there a special port that must be connected with the active ethernet cable into the DGS-1024D for it to be daisy chained? 

any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem could be?

FurryNutz:
Whats the Mfr and model of the non 4 port switch?

What happens if you place the 1024D switch in place of the non Dlink 4 port switch?

GreenBay42:
In addition to what Furry asked, are you getting link lights on the D-link switch?

When connected can you ping your router?

tipton:
ok my upstairs switch is a TRENDnet 5-Port Unmanaged Gigabit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HH0W5W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

before i would just daisy chain this upstairs switch to 3 more daisy chained trendnet switches downstairs.  i purchased the Dlink to take up less space and use less plugs on my power strip. 

i haven't tried moving the dlink upstairs because i just assumed there would be no problems since everything worked with the Trendnet switches and i mounted the 24 port Dlink already.  i really don't want to take it all down to try it upstairs if necessary.

i got static green lights on the Dlink but nothing blinking

could the Dlink possibly not be getting a connection to my devices because i'm using static IP's on these devices?  that is one thing i thought of to try before moving the dlink upstairs

GreenBay42:
Have you tried pinging your router? Try connecting your computer in one port and another device to another port and see if traffic is going through it.

I assume you are using the same cables that you used with the trendnet switch to the D-Link.

You having static IPs should not make a difference since this is an unmanaged switch. It should just plug in and work.

Did you change any of the DIP switches? If you set "port isolation/storm control" to ON, plug the cable to the router in port 24. Ports 1-23 will be isolated from each other. It should be off by default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version