• April 23, 2024, 02:53:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Firmware Beta 1.21b02 Beta 1 feedback and comments!  (Read 103982 times)

jimhk1011

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware Beta 1.21b02 Beta 1 feedback and comments!
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2009, 02:26:37 AM »

any update from D-Link officials? I've had problem with 1.20+ firmware for quite a few weeks now. Is it impossible for them to release a downgrader to 1.15? Sounds like some people who have gotten A2 unit from moderator stopped aggressively pursuing this issue, does that mean we should do the same?

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »

Well yeah because the a2 unit works.  Mine came with 1.12 but I flashed to 1.16b3 and guess what?  No lockups, no reboots and no downtime because of the router.  I can load any page I want and it works everytime unlike my a1.  If you're having trouble with your a1 you should contact d-link customer support and explain your situation to them.  They may or may not help you but you'll never know unless you pick up the phone and call them.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »

Well yeah because the a2 unit works.  Mine came with 1.12 but I flashed to 1.16b3 and guess what?  No lockups, no reboots and no downtime because of the router.  I can load any page I want and it works everytime unlike my a1.  If you're having trouble with your a1 you should contact d-link customer support and explain your situation to them.  They may or may not help you but you'll never know unless you pick up the phone and call them.

I've been using the A2 unit as well, and it's been working flawlessly I  flashed to 1.15 soon after receiving the unit. here are some stats after nearly running continuously for nearly 4 days.

TRAFFIC STATISTICS
Traffic Statistics display receive and transmit packets passing through your router.

LAN STATISTICS

Sent :412727
TX Packets Dropped :5
Collisions :0
Received :4791
RX Packets Dropped :0
Errors :0
WAN STATISTICS

Sent :1141613
TX Packets Dropped :0
Received :12263841
WIRELESS STATISTICS

Sent :8543563
TX Packets Dropped :94
Received :7791407
RX Packets Dropped :204
Errors :14142

Copyright © 2004-2008 D-Link Systems, Inc.

osirus999

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »

If you are an owner of a D-link product with hardware/firmware problems that are still unresolved despite all your efforts to have them resolve them or if you have recently upgraded your firmware only to have your router become useless or not perform as advertised. Immediately follow the instructions below and wait for more details on a website that is being developed now to assist you with these problems.

In the meantime...you need to do the following immediately.

1). File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org (this will get an immediate response from Dlink and replacement of your router - at least for now)

2). File a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs at http://www.dca.ca.gov/online_services/complaints/consumer_complaint.shtml

3). File a complaint with YOUR state's consumer affairs.

4.) File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

5.) File a complaint with Rippoffreport.com at http://www.ripoffreport.com/login.asp

You may use the complaint text for each one (that way it saves you loads of time). Also save your paperwork and all emails, conversations, phone records...everything! Do NOT dispose of, sell, trade or otherwise let the hardware go as this may become valuable evidence for authorities. If you need help filling out the paperwork you can ask at the sites listed below and someone will help you.

Your warranty status does NOT matter. Facts are if the firmware update that D-Link provided caused the damage they are liable to fix and/or repair the damage in a reasonable period of time. Almost 3 months is not reasonable.

More on the self help website will be announced shortly. In the meantime you need to immediately file the complaints above and SAVE EVERYTHING including all emails to and from D-Link!

You can also find more information at Broadband reports in the following thread:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22572439-DLink-Banning-Users-and-Deleting-Posts-Critical-Of-DLink

Or at ISPgeeks.com at:

http://www.ispgeeks.com/wild/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2888#10001

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »

Wonder when those with the A2 units will tell us how great it works when you flash it to f/w 1.20+

May come as a shocker but many A1 units also didn't lock up with 1.12-1.16b.

OtilioDJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »

Wonder when those with the A2 units will tell us how great it works when you flash it to f/w 1.20+

May come as a shocker but many A1 units also didn't lock up with 1.12-1.16b.

There will be NO flashing beyond the 1.15 for me, at least in the interim

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »

Well my a1 with 1.16b3 worked pretty good but the throughput was sluggish compared to 1.02 or 1.2x but it did not require a reboot.  Now it did crash loading rtsp pages with 1.02 and 1.12 seemed to fix that but brought other problems that did not lockup or spontaneously reboot the router until 1.2x.  I refuse to flash any higher than 1.16b3 on my a2 as it works fine for what I do however I don't use wireless so I cannot comment on the performance of it.  I can only hope that d-link is able to resolve the issues with the dgl-4500 and return it to a continuously functional device for the sake of all who've bought it.

Kneo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »

I am giving it one more week, if there is not a fix by then I will be purchasing a new non-D-link router. I will also be telling all my friends and family not to ever  buy D-link products.

I hate to do this because I have always been a D-link fan, I have been using only D-Link products for years but unfortunately in this world one mistake can ruin a good name. It is been over  two months since this problem began and the only two fixes that were suppose to work, didn't.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »

After a few days of uptime, I finally got my router to kill the WAN.  It did not however reset, and go through the boot sequence.  Just disconnected, and reconnected.  GameFuel problems, and filling of statetable. 

arod

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »

After a few days of uptime, I finally got my router to kill the WAN.  It did not however reset, and go through the boot sequence.  Just disconnected, and reconnected.  GameFuel problems, and filling of statetable. 

Do you know how many days exactly the router has been up? Was there anything you noticed  when WAN died? What type of activity were you doing on you network when you noticed it?

AaronDM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

For me, the reason I notice the WAN disconnects so easily is because it usually happens while gaming, or when I'm using PuTTY or something that requires constant communication.

However lately I have no idea whats been causing the router lockups, its gotten to a point where just after 24 hours or just a bit above, the router locks up. All connectivity to the router is killed and I need to hardboot it.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »

Do you know how many days exactly the router has been up? Was there anything you noticed  when WAN died? What type of activity were you doing on you network when you noticed it?

i've left it plugged in for over 6 days.  That's the only constant.  I noticed toward the time when it was locking up and disconnecting that it partially killed my WLAN as well, and I was unable to reach the gateway.  I could be doing simple streaming, or else just playing a game, or even idle.  Statetables still fill up too quickly.  UPnP is still broken, and causes a flood of entries when not closed properly.

EJeanmaire

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

As mentioned earlier, disabling all logging extends uptime by 2-3 days.  Previously was performing hard resets every 8 hours, unchecked all logging and now it stayed up over 3 days.

RugidChild

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »

I have an A1 with 1.15 firmware and it's worked fine except I can no longer get video to stream to my Wii. I can remote into my home pc from work without any trouble except sometimes it does take a minute to get a response from the router at first.  The router has been up for 11 days and 19 hours without a reboot and I play City Of Heroes on my pc all the time with normal operations and my wife is on her laptop working without any noticeable issues. Here are my stats:

LAN Statistics
Sent :16186398
TX Packets Dropped :5
Received :13828518

WAN Statistics
Sent :13733949
Received :19570346

Wireless Statistics
Sent :2789303
Received :1869356
Errors :34621

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

As mentioned earlier, disabling all logging extends uptime by 2-3 days.  Previously was performing hard resets every 8 hours, unchecked all logging and now it stayed up over 3 days.

My logging has stayed enabled by default because most routers should be able to work at default. (These however aren't with latest firmware)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10