• April 23, 2024, 06:35:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DMZ, Port Forwarding, Virtual Server Problems  (Read 4095 times)

K-Mac

• Level 1 Member
DMZ, Port Forwarding, Virtual Server Problems
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »

Hello,

I have had a couple of D-Link routers, and this one is really the first one I have had a problem with. I have H/W v B with the default 2.00NA Firmware. I host a webserver, and gameserver on my network. I am trying to configure this to have several ports open. The weird thing is, the webserver port (80) opens without a problem using Virtual Server. However none of the game server ports (27015 +) will open on port forwarding nor on the Virtual Server. So, i tried to use DMZ to have the ports open, but that also has done nothing.

I have tried reseting the router, re-flashing the firmware from the online website (same version different date?). I am guessing this is not a unique problem...Anyone know of anything that will fix this?

jarjarb14

• Level 1 Member
Re: DMZ, Port Forwarding, Virtual Server Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »

Same problems here.
I've tried many different settings and sort but I just can't seem to get any ports open using Port Forwarding, Virtual Server, or even DMZ. I've used many port checking programs and they all tell me that my ports are all closed. Help greatly appreciated :)
Also, as a side note, I see nothing in my logs when I try to test a port. No "Port Was Blocked" or anything. Not sure what it's supposed to show...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:06:32 PM by jarjarb14 »

K-Mac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »

So, i reflashed the firmware, and reset all the configs, configured the port forwarding again and then unplugged router and plugged it back in, and it seemed to start working. dont know if i did it or not but the ports appear to be open...however something still is not working correctly. I will post it here optimistically but unsure if anyone would be able to help. for the game server i host, i switched from a 615 (crappy i know) with dd-wrt firmware to this 655 rev b. i tested it on port forwarding and dmz and ports are open
the game i host is a team fortress 2 server. i get the following error.

A2C_PRINT from 72.165.61.153:27015 :
No challenge for your address.
A2C_PRINT from 63.234.149.83:27011 :
No challenge for your address.

this error means that my server is trying to contact main server, and when they try to contact back, something is lost when it is coming back to me. basically all that was changed was the router. no configuration, server editing, not even the ip address. this makes me think that the router has something to do with this. i want to switch back to the old router to see if still has the problem, but i will be trying that shortly. again i have tested the ports and the appropriate ones are open. if anyone has any knowledge on whats going on here, help would be greatly appreciated.

shaith

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:46:03 PM »

You need to make sure you're opening both TCP and UDP for those ports.  Half life servers communicate using both protocols.

See some info here:

http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=27015