• April 24, 2024, 12:59:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MP3 Music Selection and Playing  (Read 5505 times)

wrobinson

• Level 1 Member
MP3 Music Selection and Playing
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »

Can someone please let me know your experience with firmware 1.05 music selection functionality, as in, am I doing something wrong?  It is so non-user friendly that I assume I have not set it up right.
           Can you answer this question?

1 – Music selection and playing.  I can not select an artist and play all that artists songs. I can select an album under that artist and play all the songs under that album but I do not see how you can click on the artist and play all the songs.   I would like to play them randomly as well.
2 - Since there is no search functionality, when I use the page down function on the remote control to select an artist and I click it to fast, it freaks out and reverts to the first artist listed.  I have to start again and go slooooowwerrrr.

What I would like to have as functionality:   
1.       select and play at the artist, album or one song at a time levels.
2.       Under the artist: be able to sort the songs by album or by song without going back to a different level
3.       Selecting an artist or song:  I do not see a way to quickly go to an artist or song via a search or alpha selection request

Not sure but I thought that some of this song playing functionality was there in previous releases

Any hope of software patches to address this SOON in the future?

Because right now I can not use the DLink to play songs other than with Genre or playlists.

I have DLink DSM-520 1.05 firmware that WMP11 software running.  OR at least I think that is what I have running.  I see people talking about going to the DLink media server or to the WMP11 but I am not sure how to go from one to the other.  Can some advise on that too.  Thanks.

veague

Re: MP3 Music Selection and Playing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:43:03 AM »

The available choices and how media is organized is partly the DSM, and partly (mostly) the media server application running on the PC.  I'm using MS Media Player as my server, and it behaves as you described.  There are other media servers (including the one supplied by D-Link), you can try different ones to see if they provide better navigation options.  TVersity is an opensource / shareware server with really good content management and media organization, but it can't handle DRM (if that's important to you).  You can install multiple media server applications on the same PC and they will both show up on the DSM as available servers.  Although keeping them both managed on the PC can be challenging.

Good luck!

Macfoo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »

Yeah different media servers give you different functions for the DSM-520. Some allow you to even stream radio station or view Youtube.com videos. Check em out its pretty cool.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:25:15 PM by ECF »

miked

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »

Yeah different media servers give you different functions for the DSM-520. Some allow you to even stream radio station or view Youtube.com videos. Check em out its pretty cool.

That is what Active-TV is, YouTube, Google, MTV ..... Lots of sites....