• March 28, 2024, 05:41:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Exposure White-Out issue  (Read 7776 times)

Michael_Wilson2

• Level 1 Member
Exposure White-Out issue
« on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:25 AM »

I'm not sure why, but I'm dealing with my camera picture (exposure) turning gradually all-white after sunrise.  In other words, when coming out of night mode and soon after sunrise, the picture becomes sooo white that you can't see anything distinquishable.  Only a power-reset restores it to a normal exposure mode.  Sometimes it will work ok for a couple of days, or sometimes 10, but I have to eventually pull the plug to reset it, then the exposure is fine.  I have the latest firmware.  I have tried changing the exposure to "Outdoor" and on "Auto".  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would have attached a picture of what this looks like, but didn't see the option to attach it.  Just imagine a gradually blinding snowstorm over your entire screen  :D
I may again try my own advice from the DCS-2132L forum:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53936.0
to see if that works.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:40:03 AM by Michael_Wilson2 »

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Exposure White-Out issue
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »

Unless there is a problem with the camera, the only setting you need to change is the "Anti Flicker" to the OFF position.

Anti Flicker = Off

That should do it!

If you continue having problems, contact our Tech Support group, they should be able to get more information and determine if the camera may or may not need replacement. It looks like you have tried this with your other cameras before, so it should work the same here.

Michael_Wilson2

• Level 1 Member
Re: Exposure White-Out issue
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:58:27 AM »

Thank you very much for replying!  Looks like a reset of factory defaults in the camera ip connection has done the trick for me, along with keeping the exposure at my customized setting.