• April 24, 2024, 08:48:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 issues with Vista Workgroup  (Read 5653 times)

landline

DNS-323 issues with Vista Workgroup
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:35:43 AM »

Although I can map the DNS-323 using a Vista computer, and access it via web browser and ftp, I note that Vista tries to install it as a new device, and reports no drivers available.  Also, Vista cannot access a printer connected to the USB port, whereas XP can.  When can we expect Vista drivers for the DNS-323 along with print server support?

mattbell

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 issues with Vista Workgroup
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:31:53 AM »

I have the same problem and have been checking regularly for a firmware update or drivers to alleviate the issue.

magius

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 issues with Vista Workgroup
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »

In case you are still waiting for some answers...

From what I have seen in my setup, Vista actually detects the DNS-323 as a PC and a storage device (two icons). The one that asks you to install drivers is the storage part. As stupid as it sounds you don't need to use this one for anything (so far). You can connect, store/share files, etc. via the PC device.

Now, if you don't see the two DNS-323 PC icon on your network it may mean that your Vista PC/laptop is not configured to use Netbios. This happened to me with a laptop in my network. Once you enable Netbios you should be able to see the 323 as both a PC and storage. Again, just connect and map the drive via that icon.

I know this doesn't directly answer you question, but it was what I found out after trying to find drivers around the web...