• April 16, 2024, 02:44:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Not able to see Hard Drive  (Read 4480 times)

Touchdown

• Level 1 Member
Not able to see Hard Drive
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »

I was running the DNS 323 perfectly fine for about 6 months with no issues.

Had to move some equipment around so I had to unplug the unit. When I went to hook everything up again I could not access the drives. Tried to go into the config page and it would not recognize my password. So I reset the unit (using the pinhole button on the back). I'm able to get into the Config page now. However, status it lists there as being 0 drives. Also, the Easy Search utility does not list any drives under Drive Mapping. Also, the blue LED drive lights continue to blink over and over (this happens in both bays).

Any thoughts on what's happening or how to fix this? I've been working on it with no success all weekend.

Touchdown

• Level 1 Member
Re: Not able to see Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:29:41 AM »

bump

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »

The blue drive LED is flashing constantly and the unit status page shows no drives - this suggests that it is not seeing the drive for whatever reason.

Perhaps the drive is defective.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

espiritu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 07:47:54 AM »

try reinstalling the drive in the dns-323 perhaps in the move something was loosened, or take the drive out and attach it to a USB/sata and test it in a computer to see if it is readable

Tank_Killer

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »

ive smashed failed drives on the ground before for data recovery purposes.  it can make the mechanics work just long enough to retreive the data!

there is no garuntee implied in my statment, just try it as a LAST resort :D

T