The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-635

DIR-632 loosing wireless connections

<< < (2/4) > >>

kingarthur:
Autoscan feature has been disabled. Tried both channels 1 and 6 and problem still exists.
Any one got a clue?

FurryNutz:
What happens if you set Single mode G only, No auto chl scan, set chl to 1, 6 or 11.
Test with out security on for temporarily.
I would test with ALL wireless devices turned off, accept for one. Test for a bit, then go to the next one and make sure each device works with the router by itself. Then turn them all on. See how it goes.

Might try turning off uPnP under Advanced/Networking. Heard sometimes this causes issues.
Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual?
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.

Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing.
Turn off all devices accept for one wired PC while testing.
Let us know.

jmiles:
Did you ever get a solution to this problem - as I am having he exact same thing happening - getting tired of it and need a solution

FurryNutz:
What HW version is your router?
What FW version is currently loaded?

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?
If this modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems.

Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual? You can find these under Status/Device Info/Wan section.
Turn off ALL QoS (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options.
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.

What wireless modes are you using?
Try single mode G or mixed G and N?
What security mode are you using? WEP, WPA or WPA2? Preferred is WPA-Personal. WPA2/Auto TPIK and AES.
What wireless devices do you have connected?
Any cordless house phones?
Any other WiFi routers in the area?

Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing.
Turn off all devices accept for one wired PC while testing.

--- Quote from: jmiles on October 28, 2011, 09:02:05 AM ---Did you ever get a solution to this problem - as I am having he exact same thing happening - getting tired of it and need a solution

--- End quote ---

sblais:
Same problem here.  Wireless broadcasting stops a couple of times a week.  LAN connections are not affected.  Wireless is back is I unplug/plug the router or reboot it (tools/system).  I've got 2 computers and both connections are lost at the same time: it has to be the router.  Same problem with a modem: has to be the router.  There are other routers in the area and I can see them with Inssider: only my router vanishes.  I doubt it has anything to do with interference though.  I've tried many of the possible configurations (including most of what FurryNutz proposes -  still have to reserve the IP addresses.)

I'm not quite sure what bits of the log are relevant.  Here are some lines that could be:

ath0: STA 00:18:e7:e0:e0:7f WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/4 Pairwise with unexpected replay counter

ath0: STA 00:18:e7:e0:e0:7f IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version