• March 28, 2024, 02:39:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detection  (Read 4743 times)

nebriv

• Level 1 Member
Motion Detection
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

Hey all,

I'm trying to set up my new camera and I've ran into a few issues....

I have my camera pointing out a window (I don't know if this makes a difference or not) and every so often (seems to be random) the image flickers, I think the camera is adjusting the brightness or white balance or something. But when the image flickers/adjusts the motion detection triggers and it sends me an email. I'm trying to work down the sensitivity until it doesn't pick up on that, but I don't know if it will work out.

Also, I've set up the snapshot to trigger on motion detection, and to send 6 pictures. However it sends the 6 images in 6 separate emails! Sure does flood my inbox! I thought I read in the firmware request post that this was fixed? I believe I have the most updated version, but I could be mistaken...Any pointers or suggestions? or is this just how it is?

Other than that stuff, we are fairly happy with the camera...seems to work pretty well!

Nebriv.

unh87

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Detection
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:09 AM »

That could be sun or a shadow it's picking up. Try lowering the motion detection to 80 percent and try it.

nebriv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »

I've lowered my motion detection all the way down to like 45% and it still didn't help, haha...

I can see the video of it happening, it's just a quick flicker almost...like it's adjusting the brightness or something...I think I've got everything set to...manual, I think.

Onthesamepath

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

I have my motion detection set all the way down to 10 in a room with lots of light variation during the day.  At 10 it still records any true motion that occurs.