• March 28, 2024, 07:47:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations  (Read 34618 times)

Neil2099

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 09:20:06 PM »

What happened to receiving notifications with photos with motion detection ??? I used to be able to get photos emailed to me when there was motion detected. Now all I get is an email with says motion was detected. What the hell am I supposed to do with that ??? I bought 4 cameras for this feature so that I can keep evidence of any intruders. Having just a notification is completely useless to me as most of them are caused by background movements (etc wind or shadows). I am ready to return all my cameras. The upgrade has f***ed up a perfectly working solution. >:(

bollee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »

I actually receive pictures with notification email in motion detection mode (3 pics before and 3 after).
Works great with my gmail account, but had issue with another account (probably need to find the right smtp port/auth combination).

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 05:44:31 AM »

Updating to the most recent version of Java may cause the Live View for some D-Link network camera models to not work properly when viewed from a web browser. This latest update may impact other browser-based network camera functions as well. The procedure described in the link below be used to adjust the Java security exceptions in Windows after updating to the latest Java version to restore access.

Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51
This trick works for me when using firmware 1.06, but not with 1.07. With 1.07 it won't show any Java picture, including the one used to setup motion detection. There is no error message, just a message asking to go to Java website and install Java. I have Java 7U51. I came back to 1.06 with my 4 cams.

oeconom

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:27 PM »

I'm having the issue that I can't access the cam after upgrade via the iPhone App.
That's for the 'Remote' view. it shows the white cross in a red circle and is not accessible...
Local works...
Anyone?

Thanks!

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »

can't get the upgrade to take. I tried 3 times on both the 930 and 932 using the proper file. They seem to upload okay the devices reset  and come back online. When I go to check their status they still show the older version. I am doing this over wifi, do they need to be hard connected to my router or is there another issue I am not aware of at this time?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »

can't get the upgrade to take. I tried 3 times on both the 930 and 932 using the proper file. They seem to upload okay the devices reset  and come back online. When I go to check their status they still show the older version. I am doing this over wifi, do they need to be hard connected to my router or is there another issue I am not aware of at this time?

What browser are you using (there may be some UI dependencies)?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 03:52:11 PM »

tried Chrome and IE11.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

tried Chrome and IE11.

Try Firefox or an earlier version of IE.

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »

Hello, all.

I'm attempting to do a firmware upgrade on my 932L with the upgrade linked to in the opening post to this thread, but, although I get a 'Firmware upgrade completed' message when done, I'm showing no change to the firmware currently installed.

Firmware prior to AND post upgrade:

Current Firmware version: 1.07
Current Firmware date: 2013-07-30
Current Agent version: 2.0.17-b31

I've attempted to install the new firmware using IE 11 running in compatibility mode and from Chrome. I confirm that both the 932L and the computer being used are both connected to the router via ethernet cable.

I attempted to do a 'factory reset' using the 932L's UI, but this fails as well.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »

Hello, all.

I'm attempting to do a firmware upgrade on my 932L with the upgrade linked to in the opening post to this thread, but, although I get a 'Firmware upgrade completed' message when done, I'm showing no change to the firmware currently installed.

Firmware prior to AND post upgrade:

Current Firmware version: 1.07
Current Firmware date: 2013-07-30
Current Agent version: 2.0.17-b31

I've attempted to install the new firmware using IE 11 running in compatibility mode and from Chrome. I confirm that both the 932L and the computer being used are both connected to the router via ethernet cable.

I attempted to do a 'factory reset' using the 932L's UI, but this fails as well.

Can anyone help?

TIA.

The firmware file in the first post to this thread is v1.07 which matches the results you are posting in your post. The version should read "1.07" following the upgrade. It sounds like you already had that version installed if the web UI indicated the same version before and after.

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »

perhaps the date code of the file is what was throwing me off. If there is a new downloadable file the date code of the file should be different on the camera after the upgrade but for me it was not.

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »

perhaps the date code of the file is what was throwing me off. If there is a new downloadable file the date code of the file should be different on the camera after the upgrade but for me it was not.
Is it possible your devices may have already had the 1.07 firmware installed to begin with?

Also, have you considered installing the new 1.08 firmware?

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »

The firmware file in the first post to this thread is v1.07 which matches the results you are posting in your post. The version should read "1.07" following the upgrade. It sounds like you already had that version installed if the web UI indicated the same version before and after.

Very odd given that - as DryBnz noted - I would have expected the date code to be recent. From the camera's support page, I would have expected a 2014-02-11 date [see: http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-932L]

If you're running a 932L as well, would you confirm the Agent version via your web UI?

TIA.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »

Very odd given that - as DryBnz noted - I would have expected the date code to be recent. From the camera's support page, I would have expected a 2014-02-11 date [see: http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-932L]

If you're running a 932L as well, would you confirm the Agent version via your web UI?

TIA.

The dates on the support site "may" be the dates the files were posted on the website (not sure). The date that you see after you install the firmware is the build date (i.e. date the code was compiled), which is unrelated to when it was posted.

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 05:45:39 PM »

so the build date of the patched version is the same build date at the original version. I get it now.... :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4