• March 29, 2024, 04:32:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [Solved] DCS-1130L do not run setup wizard 1726 download from mydlink.com  (Read 14375 times)

ikengkai

• Level 1 Member

I got my 1130L, very disappointed with Dlink claimed 3 steps setup process, it not work as promise.

The setup wizard come from CD able to run through ActiveX installation and detect my 1130L network camera, but it fail to add my camera to mydlink.com, it asked me to download latest setup wizard from sg.mydlink.com portal.

After download, the nightmare begin! The setup wizard build number 1726 not able to install ActiveX, and hang at that step forever. I disable all my antivirus, set IE for ActiveX to lowest security and enable all fields, but the activeX still not able to install. Tested on Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit, all just not working!

Try manual install the ActiveX for DCS-1130L, with regsvr32 for both DCP.ocx and DcsCliCtrl.dll files, it success. When run setup wizard, the ActiveX installation screen step through, but it just never detect my camera. Again, another nightmare, I try different network configuration (wireless, wire, direct close network), it just never detect my camera. This make me suspect whether Dlink release a non-working software for customer, or it never validated. This is BAD product!!

I called technical support (24 hours), and the Australia customer support picked up the call, they asked me to do this, do that, download this, and that.... SAME, it just not working and the customer support do not know what to do and find excuse to hang up the call. Again, bad service from Dlink.

Few days later, I called again Dlink technical support. This round, he asked me to update firmware. Anywhere, due to the configuration of thing, the firmware update process stop at 93% and forever. Force to power off and on again, Boom, Dlink DCS-1130L dead. Right after 4 days from purchase.

Warranty to local Malaysia distributor took 2 months, it replace another unit (make me wonder whether the repair team sleeping, took 2 months and end up replace another unit). From the exterior, I can tell it used unit, or recon unit. The SN is different from my box. Thing work fine, with new firmware, but the focus ring is broken. Again, this is nightmare from Dlink to me again. What kind of customer support/service, they just throw a bad unit from other return and let the customer wasting time.

Now, I still not able to add my network camera to mydlink.com. I curious why Dlink team never allow to add the camera via the website and enforce must use the non-working setup wizard software. Browsed through the forum, I am not the only customer that complaint. There are tonne of people having problem with this. While survey network camera, the mydlink.com "zero configuration" attracted me, and now the mydlink.com give me few night of nightmare.

Just feel disappointed to dlink. And I don't think they could come up with a working setup wizard software. Else they wouldn't let the build 1726 available on the website for 2 months.

Append: Read my post on April 20 for solution.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:35:02 AM by ikengkai »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-1130L do not run setup wizard 1726 download from mydlink.com
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »

What did you pay for it in whatever currency?

This camera was released in 2009... and received crap reviews, like this one here:   http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/reviews/article.php/3832951/Review-D-Link-DCS-1130-Wireless-N-Network-Camera.htm

I wouldn't even pay $50 in US$.

It was released before Winbloze 7..

try using on an XP machine ...

But seriously - Why even complain about outdated technology?   You are 3.5 years late.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »

There is a whole forum here for the 1130:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=262.0

ikengkai

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:41:11 AM »

Get the 1130L for local currency equivalent to USD65.
It a new set, it still have in Dlink website. My is DCS-1130L, and not 1130. Anyway, I know the L is just mean to support mydlink.com portal. Really regret and should go for the 930L, what a big mistake. Anyway, did read forum and a lot of complaint for DCS-930L too.

Previously pretty support Dlink product, now is totally disappointed with it. In future will go for TP-Link.

ikengkai

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »

I am a software engineer as my professional. Finally, after spent some time to understand how their wizard setup software work, I managed to solve my problem.

I downloaded the DCS-942L setup wizards software from this link: http://www.dlink.com.my/support/support_detail.asp?idProduct=582
1.01.1822   Software for DCS-942L   03/23/2012

Unzip to a folder, open up script/config.js file.
Find the variable name for model....
var _ModelName        =   "DCS-942L";

And change it to per below:
var _ModelName        =   "DCS-1130L";

Wow, it work!!  :o
Anyway, if you do not change the modelname variable, it will not detect the DCS-1130L, it will said not able to find any device from network. The mentioned 942L setup wizard software manage to work with Mydlink.com portal and add my device to my account...

No need to return... and I don't know why there is no any Dlink admin or support staff reply in this post. They should know everything about their software, as it created by them.

Due to my nature of curious... I further investigate what wrong with the DCS-1130L build 1726...

The DCP.ocx version for build 1726 is 1.0.1.3, while the new version is 1.0.1.4. I not sure why the 1.0.1.3 DCP.ocx do not install via the wizard interface, I did tried regsvr32 dcp.ocx, windows said success install it. Anyway, it do not work per expected when run 1726 build and manual install DCP.ocx file.

Hopefully my sharing could help to other DCS-1130L users that having problem with add the device to mydlink.com. It really took me few after work night to figure out all this things....

ikengkai

• Level 1 Member

The Mydlink.com portal is easy to use, especially the Android app, which really make it convenient to view the network camera without the hassle to figure out the port forwarding, DDNS thing.

By the way, I found there is some method I could figure out the communication packet between device and mydlink.com, and it could help to understand the detail transaction/protocol for network camera and mydlink.com site. Example what port it use, how it tell mydlink.com it IP address, and detail technical info.... If got time, will explore into this.