• March 19, 2024, 03:57:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5222L Stops recognising MICRO SD CARD randomly  (Read 8367 times)

flash67

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5222L Stops recognising MICRO SD CARD randomly
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:34:40 AM »

Hi everyone, first post here.

I've had this camera for several years now and never had issues with it, always worked great.  As time went on, SD card tech became better and I think started out with an 8GB micro and went to 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB (current size)

After several months of using the 64GB, all of sudden I would login to the camera and notice that recording is no longer happening.  When I try to access the content on the SD card, it doesn't recognize the card.

If I go to Maintenance > System in the WebUI and click Reboot Device, the SD card is visible and accessible again.
If I just unplug the SD card and plug it back in, it's visible and accessible again.

After it is visible, it could go for 3 days of recording, 5 days of recording or 6 hours of recording (it's always different) and then the SD card is not recognized again until I either reseat the SD card or reboot the camera.

Any SD card now I try, performs the exact same way, it doesn't seem to be specific to a model or brand of SD card.

I've attempted several firmwares all with the performance.  I don't know what else to try because the only destination to record, is to the SD card with this model.

Hoping someone has had some similar experience.  Thanks everyone

tallyfrench

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L Stops recognising MICRO SD CARD randomly
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 02:30:10 PM »

I, too, have the same problem.  The have already EOL this camera and I'm disappointed.