• March 19, 2024, 03:51:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HomeKit Secure Video  (Read 9214 times)

jts1084

• Level 1 Member
HomeKit Secure Video
« on: June 03, 2019, 08:55:22 PM »

In February 2017, when asked whether there were plans for the Omna 180 camera to support iCloud video recording, an engineer replied, "Apple did not incorporate iCloud recording in any of their HomeKit cameras due to security and overhead (at this time). Hopefully in the future but it will not be anytime soon."

Well, it's only been two years and four months since that post, but Apple did finally announce such a feature today.  I know that Apple did not name D-Link as one of its early partners for the feature, but might the Omna 180 gain the ability down the road?  Is it even technically possible? 

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: HomeKit Secure Video
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »

I sent an email to the camera group but I am not sure if they will add it to this camera.

jts1084

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »

Thank you!  Please keep us updated with any new info. 

Homekit4all

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »

Hi there,
I’m also very interested in seeing homekit secure video being added to the omna 180.
Is there an update on if/when this will be implemented?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:46:55 AM »

Not sure why I didn't respond to this sooner....sorry about that.  This camera will not support Homekit Secure Video.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 02:55:48 PM »

based on the information you provided, it seems that Apple has introduced iCloud video recording for HomeKit cameras since that engineer's response in February 2017. While D-Link's Omna 180 camera may not have been named as an early partner for this feature, it is possible that they could add support for iCloud video recording in the future through firmware updates or new product releases this skateboards guides. To know for certain whether the Omna 180 camera will gain this ability, it would be best to consult official sources such as D-Link's product documentation, announcements, or customer support. They would have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their product's features and compatibility with Apple's services.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 04:59:10 AM »

Look everybody it's skateboards spam links now.