• April 19, 2024, 04:17:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Trouble with my DCS-920  (Read 2475 times)

pingiscoolest

• Level 1 Member
Trouble with my DCS-920
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »

I have had my DCS-920 cameras for a while now, but they have just been sitting around not working for the last few months since I got my new router. In this time I have also reinstalled windows on my PC. I went to hook them up again, so I plugged them into my router through ethernet and reinstalled dviewcam on my PC. I ran a search for a new camera in Dviewcam but nothing came up. I ran the disc I got with the cameras when I first got them and ran the setup wizard that searches for cameras, and my cameras were detected, but when I click the link button to access them through my browser it doesn't load. I pinged the camera in command prompt but there was no response. Why am I detecting the camera with the wizard, but it can't be pinged? Does anyone know anything else I should try? Thanks

sindrone

• Level 1 Member
Re: Trouble with my DCS-920
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »

I was having the same problem.  Where I could see and setup the camera when the camera was plugged in to the router via cable.  When I would unhook the cable the status led would go red for a few seconds and then to green with the blink notification of activity but i could not connect to the camera via WiFi.  I disabled all security on my router and camera and now i can connect to camera over WiFi (after the appropriate cabling and uncabling).  Now i need to find a common security platform (WEP or WPA-PSK/WPA@-PSK) as my router has 8 different settings for security   ::)