• March 29, 2024, 08:49:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot enable  (Read 13238 times)

gab

• Level 1 Member
Cannot enable
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »

Hi!

I just bought a DWA-125 REV A2 and followed the instruction from the manual. At the end of the installation i got a message saying i have aborted the connection wizard (but i didnt do anything) but the driver installation is complete. I then clicked finish. In adaptor settings in windows 7, the device was disabled and everytime i try to enable it it fails. I uninstalled the driver and tried it again and the exact same thing happened.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

!!!!clarkkent

• Level 3 Member
Re: Cannot enable
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »

I'd recommend you try installing it on a different computer just to isolate.
"A mighty sword is useless in the hands of a coward!"

khaj_vah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:10:22 AM »

i had the same problem if u have kaspersky antivirus disable it than install after that uninstall NDIS Filter block
to do it go to network and sharing center than adapter settings than go to properties of it than uninstall it.

i saw it from hateMS's post.Thank u

yg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »

I have this exact same issue. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, installing older drivers, and nothing works.
I don't have Kaspersky, so I don't think that is the issue.
I have AVG anti-virus, but even after disabling it, the connection still cannot be enabled!

onebutters

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »

I have this problem too. I'm surprised no one has come up with a solution. Do D-Link provide any tech support through these forums? I'm running Windows 7 x64. No kapersky installed.

I have two of these USBs. One is H/W: vA1 F/W: v1.00. This one works perfectly fine and always has.

The second one is H/W: vA2 F/W: v1.31. This one is having the problems above. This used to work in Windows XP. Then I upgraded to Windows 7 HP and now it's kicking up a stink.

There are just so many permutations of things I've tried, including swapping, reinstalling, even formatting between 2 computers in the past 6 hours that I can't type it up. To summarise it has only worked on a clean format but if I try to uninstall and reinstall with the v1.31 I get back to square one.

There is also an added issue of when it is working, it gets very hot and dies for about 5 minutes before working again. I do not have this issue with the v1.00.

D-Link has not released any firmware for this product either so is there anyone out there who can help before I have to RMA?

Anyone out there have any ideas?

-----

Edit: I just uninstalled ZoneAlarm (firewall) and the adapter was able to connect. Once it had connected, I reinstalled ZoneAlarm and it is working fine now. I had the same setup in XP with zonealarm and that didn't create a conflict.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:54:16 PM by onebutters »

Lav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:31:46 AM »

Without knowing how you administer your Win7 system, I'll guess you like to make your security as tight as possible and you disabled all "unnecessary" services from starting after you made your initial install of the operating system.
If that is the case, you may have forgot about disabling "WLAN Autoconfig" service. If it's disabled D-Link's wizzard will fail with exact message as in the picture above, and if you try to diagnose problem with adapter by right click/diagnose in network and sharing center/change adapter settings it will say something about not being able to assign IP stacks or similar (cant remeber exact message tbh).
Starting WLAN Autoconfig service (and making it start automatic) solves this problem.

If I was mistaken about assumption of you tightening the security through disabling services ... sorry, my bad. I do this to make my machine run smoother and make it safer for work and it cost me about 20 minutes time before I remembered I disabled the service whan I first installed OS because I did not have a wlan card at that time.