• March 28, 2024, 12:13:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cannot access router or reset factory settings, please help!!!!  (Read 34590 times)

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member

Hello, my name is Rob and I am somewhat good at computers...so dont be afraid to say comp lingo, ill understand.  

So my problem came out of no where.  My computer is an XPS 360 with alot of upgrades.  After looking at the specs of D-links routers I thought I give it a try.  Hooked up, works like a dream.  Couple months later my computer was saying I have "limited connectivity."  All of the other computers have full access and works great.  I tried going to my routers home page, but all I get  is "The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking too long to respond."  Ive tried renewing the ipconfig, restarting everything, new cables....everything I can imagine.  I tried calling my ISP and they told me it wasnt there fault, that its pretty much on my end.  I called Dell for support, said my warranty went out and they cant do a thing.  Computer cost 1800$....just for the tower itself, not including the other comps in this house....but what kind of **** service is that?
Its been months since ive had internet....and for a computer person, a week is long enough.  So please help, what can i do!?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:18:12 PM by ItsRobbie »

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
Re: Cannot access the router settings page
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »

If you pug your pc directly into the ISP modem (cable or dsl), then power cycle all of the hardware starting with the modem first...then the pc, do you get any internet >?   tHAT WILL TELL YOU IF ITS A PC OR ROUTER ISSUE.

If its a pc issue, add-in a USB to ethernet adapter for easiest hookup....else try a pci  ethernet adapter....you may have a bad ethernet adapter on the mobo...

DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »

When i plug it right into the modem i get the same limited, which automatically would say my computer....BUT! i should still be able to access the router page right?

Well this still isnt solved, but some how i am on the internet.  I think i might need to get a new ethernet adapter.  easy to change?

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:49:11 AM »

as an aside....some folks reported in the recent past that yolu have to click on the Log In button, not just press enter.... to get into the setups page....  not that this is your issue, but just a thought.
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »

Anything?, getting very frustrated with this product and would not recommend to anyone.

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »

Going to keep posting every day.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »

If you are plugging staright into the modem and are getting a limited access then there is something wrong with the NIC on the computer.  You will not be able to access the routers admin pages when plugged directly into your modem.  The biggest clue that its not the router is the other systems have access, get yourself a new NIC for the computer, they do go bad and are cheap.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »

Going to keep posting every day.

Hi Rob,

Do you have the D-Link CD that came with the Router? Insert it into the CD-RW or DVD-RW Rom drive and follow the Wizard for setting up the Router for the very first time.

When everything else fails, start from scratch and remove all Cables plus Power Cables from the D-Link Router and the Modem. Don't mix up the Power Cables as they are not interchangeable.
Follow the instructions on the Disk.
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

When the set up runs, says it cannot find router on step 3 of 6.  Then it shuts down.  I have tried so many times to hard reset.   ive sat here holding the reset plug in for the longest/shortest, everything.  i cannot access 192.168.0.1.  Even if i try to connect to my ipv4 address or default gateway.  please help.  Cannot access router at all.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : nycap.rr.com
 Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Contro
 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-70-60-18-57
 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
 Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
 Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1da5:e700:ef24:563e%11(P
 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 72.231.139.9(Preferred)
 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:34:
 Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:52:
 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 72.231.136.1
 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.118.208.1
 DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889584
 DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-50-88-BD-00-21-

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.18.47.61
 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

nnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
 IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:48e7:8b09::48e7:8b09(Pref
 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.18.47.61
 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

nnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
 Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interf
 IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:20c6:634:b718
ed)
 Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::20c6:634:b718:74f6%12(Pr
 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

nnel adapter isatap.nycap.rr.com:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
 Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Cannot access router or reset factory settings, please help!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:39 PM »

Hi Rob,

The problem isn't the Router, but this specific computer?

Can you bring over a Laptop to your Router and turn off the Wireless and try using the Ethernet Cable from the Computer that is having the problems.

If you can't connect via that same Ethernet Cable or different Ethernet Cable but plugged into the Router at the same LAN position on the Router, then the problem is going to be the Router.

Simply do a Factory Reset, after reconnecting the problem computer. Use a Sharp tool like a Pencil or Pen or straighten Paper Clip and hold the Reset Button in for 20 seconds and release. Power must be on.

Note: Everything goes back to Factory with a Blank Password. So if you use a program like RoboForm, you need to blank out the Password and click OK to reenter the Settings.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »

It will not go back to factory settings.  Ive held in the button numerous times.  It will not go back to factory settings.  i will take a video if you'd like.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 06:51:22 AM »

It will not go back to factory settings.  Ive held in the button numerous times.  It will not go back to factory settings.  i will take a video if you'd like.

Hi Rob,

Have you called D-Link Support for an RMA of the Unit?

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »

Robbie, are you reading what people wrote to you?  In your first posting you said other computers have no problem acceessing the Internet it is just this one computer that is having an issue.  If this is still the case then its NOT the router its that computer with the problem, you most likely have a driver issue or a bad NIC.

How are connected so that you are posting here?

robertMN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »

My reply probably has nothing to do with your problem.
I had a similar issue with my laptop after updating a bluetooth driver and then deleting the updated driver and reinstalling the driver from Dell because the update sucked.  First problem was an IP address conflict.  All others on my network could connect but I could not connect.  I went thru the usual stuff like changing the IP address etc.  Nothing worked until I restored my system from my backup system.  Everyone backs up the system, right?

Now I am a happy camper, oops, I mean surfer.

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »

Im plugged into the router right now, i do have internet.  I cannot go to 192.168.0.1 site to log into my setting.  It keeps going to "time out."  AND im definately reading because i want this done soon.  I cant connect my itouch to wifi.  It could be my computer, but all the other computers cant go to router home page aswell.  Other computer is brand new so should have no problems.  Also, why wont the router go back to factory settings when i click the button?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4