• March 18, 2024, 10:29:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS camera working fine for month+ now can't reach it via mydlink.com  (Read 2963 times)

eldormiloncito

• Level 1 Member

I navigate to https://www.mydlink.com and login successfully but then the page goes unresponsive while (presumably) trying to present footage from the camera. Also, none of the links (Product, Support, etc.) are active (no hand when I hover) so I'm just stuck. The page will sit there as long as I let it but I never see camera footage. This has been going on for over a week. Worked fine for over a month. Same computer, same browser. Even tried another computer and browser. No luck. Interestingly, I still get emails from the cameras re: motion/sound. I am across the country from the cameras but I asked a friend to go in the house and pull the power cord to one of them last week. It seems to have reset successfully (light went to green) but still no luck. Just today, my friend pulled the power cord to the cable modem/router. Still no luck. Anybody got any ideas whether this is a camera problem, a cable modem/router problem, an ISP problem, or a mydlink.com problem? I'm very puzzled that mydlink.com just "hangs" on me. It does not seem to be anywhere from the cameras to the "net" because I get emails from the cameras although I do not completely understand mydlink.com's role either in viewing footage or receiving emails from the cameras. Is mydlink.com just an agent that hands me off to the camera or does the data from the camera go first to mydlink.com and then to me?

eldormiloncito

• Level 1 Member

Oooookey dokey. Still getting emails from these cameras and got a slew of them last night and this morning when there's supposed to be nobody there. So, I guess out of desperation, I tried to connect and maybe get some idea of whether somebody broke in. Everything works now. I tried for days before. Now mdlink.com works, cameras show footage, I can switch back and forth between cameras. Arggh! Could this have just been instabilities in mdlink.com or do these cameras sometimes flake out for a while until they get a good nap and then start working again? Keep in mind, there's nobody there that could have done anything. Truly, nothing could possibly have changed in the camera setup, network setup, or anything else local.