• March 18, 2024, 09:32:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-327L: access permissions for mydlink connections  (Read 2916 times)

dm_paltus

• Level 1 Member
DNS-327L: access permissions for mydlink connections
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:07:53 AM »

What user account is used for mydlink connection to NAS? Is it possible to configure it? I would like to have some account on NAS for mydlink connections with some restrictions to resources access. During registration process i was asked for 'device password' and i entered nas root password. However i didnt find a way to change this once entered password. Anyway. Now when i create files or folders via mydlink web interface on nas, they have 'nobody' as owner and 'allaccount' as group. And i can remove any file or folder (no matter ownership) on nas. So is it possible to have some account on nas for mydlink connections to protect data that i dont want to share full access?  And another question. Can i share some url for nas access with people without giving them login/password to mydlink account (i'm a little affraid of the button 'remove account', to which they get an access with login/password). And by the way the third. :) Seems like mydlink web interface doesnt see symbol links. Isnt it?