• April 16, 2024, 09:48:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1510-28P - Virtual Stacking (SIM) Not working  (Read 3834 times)

kswatt

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1510-28P - Virtual Stacking (SIM) Not working
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:57:27 AM »

I am trying to setup 5 DGS-1510-28P's in a virtual stack using SIM.  I enable the SIM setting on all switches, set one as the commander and all others as Candidates then from the Commander i go to Topology in the SIM settings and I see the Candidates listed below the Commander.  When i select one and choose Add to Group it prompts for the password which I enter and it states "Success" as if it added it to the SIM group.  But that is as far as it gets, it appears that it never really adds it to the group because I cannot choose Configure only Add to Group is an option even though it stated it was successful in adding it to the group, and the icon for the switches that i am trying to make members of the group never change from Candidate to Member.  I have tried resetting all and starting over with just one Commander and adding one memeber at a time with the same results.  Am i missing a step????

lystor

• Level 1 Member
Re: DGS-1510-28P - Virtual Stacking (SIM) Not working
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:45:45 PM »

Hi, kswatt

First of all, update firmware to the latest available version and try again.