• April 19, 2024, 01:57:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM 520 and Playon  (Read 3852 times)

fredpb

• Level 1 Member
DSM 520 and Playon
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »

Playon seems like the perfect companion for the 520, but it is hell.

I have Playon, but have one problem left.

After playing any video from any source (hulu, etc), the 520 gives me "disconnected from default media server".  Consistantly, after about 15 or 20 mins of playtime for the video.

I have spent much time with Playon support.  To no avail.

They say the 520 is doing something funky and disconnecting from Playon.  Since it is the 520 doing it, they cannot help.

Help?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM 520 and Playon
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »

Is there any anti-virus software installed on the PC? Also try disabling any power management features on the PC running PlayOn.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

TitansRock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

I had the same problem, but discovered it was my network connection through two Trendnet Ethernet over powerline modules. Seems they have a habit of dropping the connection every 15 to 20 minutes. If you have a similar hookup this might be the problem. I had to go to wireless G for my connection to stay stable (imagine that!)

fredpb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

I had the same problem, but discovered it was my network connection through two Trendnet Ethernet over powerline modules. Seems they have a habit of dropping the connection every 15 to 20 minutes. If you have a similar hookup this might be the problem. I had to go to wireless G for my connection to stay stable (imagine that!)

Yep.  Wireless problem.  Just the opposite of yours.  I had to go to ethernet over powerline, now it works.