• March 28, 2024, 07:02:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot connect to monitor - white LED light on top?  (Read 9772 times)

321slash

• Level 1 Member
Cannot connect to monitor - white LED light on top?
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »

I know this forum is pretty dead by now but I'm going to give it a shot...

All of a sudden, my baby monitor has been acting up. It boots up normally, but now I get a white light on top instead of the usual blue/green/red. It still cycles through all those colours upon startup but stays on white no matter what the temperature is (and white never has been a temperature indicator).

On the app, I do see the camera but I cannot connect to it. Whether I connect via wifi or direct to the camera, it gives me an error that says "Unable to connect. Please check your camera's power and network connection" (it's definitely on and the fact I can see the monitor on my app means the network should be fine).

I have reset the monitor and redid the wifi settings many, many, many times.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Cannot connect to monitor - white LED light on top?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »

Haven't seen the white light issue on this camera.

The app will show the camera if it is still registered with mydlink. You may want to reset it (paperclip in the reset hole for 10 seconds). This will clear out the mydlink settings so when reset, it will not show up in the app until you run the setup. You said you have reset it and redid did the wifi settings. Does that mean the setup process is working properly?

Were there any changes to the network when this issue started happening?

321slash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »

No network was changed when it happened.

When I try resetting the camera, it seems to have the same effect as turning it on and off, but I will give it one more go and report.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »

I don't have one to test but with most cameras hold the paperclip in until the LED turns red but I am not 100% on this camera.

321slash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »

Here are the steps I took.

- turned monitor on
- used paper clip to hold reset until power turned red.
- turned off monitor, and on again
- LED on top still white. Went through setup procedure via mobile app
- Put in password of camera, then takes me to monitoring (odd it didn't ask me to put in wifi information)
- Still unable to connect and see picture

I don't know what else there is to do...

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »

The 3rd thing you did you said you turned it off and then on? Are you doing this during the reset? You shouldn't have to. When you reset it let it reboot on its own. Once done then connect with app and set it up.

321slash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 04:34:55 PM »

Still no dice...

I've uploaded a video to show you what I see: https://youtu.be/8pgsf1Y98FA

Also what I see on the app: https://youtu.be/-6EFi1vVkOs

321slash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

When I see the setup screen, I get this. I feel like the box inside would show the camera image. If there is nothing, maybe the monitor isn't seeing the camera?

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Jjyv1bb

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »

hmm since the camera was working before, seems like it may have died  :o

I do not see any information regarding the LED on top being white. It looks like from your video the camera is cycling and you have the green light on the bottom.

Maybe download the mydlink app (it is just called mydlink) or the mydlink Lite app and try installing it (uses the same username and password you used for your mydlink account on the baby app).  Possibly the baby app is buggy.

Make sure your phone with the app is connected via wifi to the same wifi network you want the camera on.

321slash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 03:25:59 AM »

Tried both the mydlink and mydlink Lite apps. Both versions I was able to connect the camera to wifi but still not get any picture.

The mydlink app is a little different that I can get into the camera settings and change then see them on the camera...such as enabling the mic or turning off the LEDs. Still no picture though, not matter what I do...

I'm pretty convinced it's not an app issue. This mysterious white light is probably telling us that something is wrong with the physical hardware, as it shows up right upon bootup, whether I'm connected to the app or not, or whether the camera is connected to wifi or not.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 06:38:43 AM »

The user manual may tell of LED behaviors.

Sounds like the camera is bad though.  :-\
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.