• April 16, 2024, 07:38:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just installed the DWA-556 computer reconizes it but not internet explorer-VISTA  (Read 6816 times)

audiodog22

• Level 2 Member

Hi, I have Vista 64, which I downloaded the driver and successfully installed.  My computer reconizes it but when ever I try to get on the internet from internet explorer, nothing shows.  I see that it is receiving and sending data but still no internet. 

Intel quad core 9300
3gig RAM
Vista 64
HP IPIBL-LB Motherboard

arod

audiodog22,

What's the IP address you're pulling when you connect to your wireless network? If you connect hard wired to your router can you get online? What router are you using?

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member

also can you ping the gateway address or a public address like 4.2.2.2?

audiodog22

• Level 2 Member

well I have a laptop which works fine but my desktop which is like only a foot away from the laptop is the one with the problem.  I haven't tried the direct ethernet route but will after the the ball drops tonight!  I'm not sure about that IP address...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:27:42 PM by audiodog22 »

audiodog22

• Level 2 Member

ok, I don't know how to get the IP address, if you could tell me I would appreciate it.  I just connected the ethernet port to the modem and didn't get any internet access, I checked the data and it said that I sent data but did not receive any.  my router is a linksys, older model WRT54G.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:04:09 PM by audiodog22 »

audiodog22

• Level 2 Member

Okay, I found the IP address.  It's IPv4 192.168.1.132 and if you need the default gateway it's IPv4 192.168.1.1   -  It's set at Obtain IP address automatically.  I don't think there's a conflict between my laptop because the IPv4 address is defferent but the default IPv4 is the same(if that means anything).