• April 24, 2024, 05:19:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Updating from a DI-624 to a DIR-615 with existing home wireless network  (Read 3156 times)

relaxing101

• Level 1 Member

:(  Help please!  I have an existing (and working just fine) home wireless network using the DI-624 (G) but I am hoping that the DIR-615 (N) will give me more reliable access from my front living area than the DI-624 does.  What do I need to do to make the change?  Do I need to uninstall the 624 before I do anything with the new 615? 

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

lynn893

• Level 1 Member
Re: Updating from a DI-624 to a DIR-615 with existing home wireless network
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »

I would also love to hear the answer to this question, as I'm in the same boat.

I actually uninstalled my trendnet wireless G router in Network Connections and then followed the Guide installation instructions after plugging my wireless laptop into the main internet box from rogers.

I am now connected via the new DIR-615, but not wirelessly! I have gone into the IP address listed for the DIR-615 router and configured it, and was able to connect wirelessly for a couple minutes, but have since been dropped and now absolutely cannot connect wirelessly again.

Are there any users out there who can offer advice? I have three computers that were previously connected wirelessly to a G router, and would love to not return this N and re-install the G.

Thanks!