• April 18, 2024, 10:02:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWL-3200AP IP-address 0.0.0.0  (Read 14084 times)

Stompen

• Level 1 Member
DWL-3200AP IP-address 0.0.0.0
« on: April 29, 2011, 05:47:43 AM »

Hi,

I have searched through the board to find out about my problem without any luck.

We have 6 of these AP's around here connected in a network in WDS-mode.
All of them updated to FW 2.55.
At least three of them are making an irritating high frequency noise, but thats an other story.
Would be helpful if anyone could give me a hint about what to about it though.

Anyway, the BIG problem right now, is that I cant access one of these AP's.
In "D-Link AirPremier AP Manager" it says that the AP's IP-address is 0.0.0.0 and the netmask the same.
I am not able to change those addresses, and they appear even if i reset the AP.

I fear that it's broken, but would appreciate if anyone knew of a solution to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

pgainer

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWL-3200AP IP-address 0.0.0.0
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »

The noise experienced on the DWL-3200 comes from the onboard power supply filtering. Specifically C907 and C908. You will notice a slight dome on top and possibly a brown stain when caps become damages. We have over 100 dlinks in school and all have had their caps replaced. Can be easily repaired with sharp soldering iron and Mouser P/N 667-ECA-1CHG471 Panasonic 470uf capacitors.

Your second issue is either a different hardware version, where you can try access via web, or the unit is bad.