• April 16, 2024, 03:17:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any Newer Firmware coming out soon ?  (Read 31536 times)

Pawessum16

• Level 1 Member
Re: Any Newer Firmware coming out soon ?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had problems with the DMZ not working properly and issues with VoIP that no combination of settings appears to fix. This router has great features, but I'm always wondering why doesn't this stupid thing just work! >:(

chaicka

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »

I would like to know when are they going to release a new firmware update to cause they can fix the wireless N range problem.

DIR-655 has 802.11n coverage issue?

I haven't face any for the setup I have. The DIR-655 I have is set up in one corner of an executive apartment which is approximately >1700 sq ft in size and it is still able to provide decent connection at the other diagonal corner of the apartment.

The 3 antennas of my DIR-655 are strategically positioned in such a way that each is facing a different direction, based on my limited understanding of the 'field of coverage' of the antenna.

Ecsa0014

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »

DIR-655 has 802.11n coverage issue?

I haven't face any for the setup I have. The DIR-655 I have is set up in one corner of an executive apartment which is approximately >1700 sq ft in size and it is still able to provide decent connection at the other diagonal corner of the apartment.

The 3 antennas of my DIR-655 are strategically positioned in such a way that each is facing a different direction, based on my limited understanding of the 'field of coverage' of the antenna.

I also have great coverage with my DIR-655. I live in a 1500 sq ft house and the router is set up in one corner of the house and get a full signal all the way on the other end of the house.

whoppers

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »

Any new firmware for my A3
According to my router, 1.21 is the latest version. 2008/09/11

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

1.35 is the latest-

DIR 655 downloads

Look for dir655_FW_135NA.zip

Angelo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »

Mine here says:
DIR655
Firmware Version: 2.00NA    

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »

Mine here says:
DIR655
Firmware Version: 2.00NA    

That is a B revision router not an A.

wesleyh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

What make me mad with d-link now is i have the rev A router and DLINK will not support ipv6 with that router only with the rev B routers. I really think DLINK needs to update the REV A routers with IPV6 update for A router users. if Dlink keeps the same model and then changes rev but does not add the same features as B has for A then this is poor support from DLINK. if this is DLINKS practices then i will never buy a dlink router if they continue this poor support practice. >:(

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »

What make me mad with d-link now is i have the rev A router and DLINK will not support ipv6 with that router only with the rev B routers. I really think DLINK needs to update the REV A routers with IPV6 update for A router users. if Dlink keeps the same model and then changes rev but does not add the same features as B has for A then this is poor support from DLINK. if this is DLINKS practices then i will never buy a dlink router if they continue this poor support practice. >:(

There is a hardware reason there is rev. B: IPv6 support requires more than the rev A can handle.
So not so much not wanting to support. You bought it without IPv6 support or the promise of it being upgraded, so don't be expecting features that weren't there (or promised) in the first place. That's just not realistic, you don't marry a 200 pound woman and then expect her to get perfect 90-60-90 size...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

whoppers

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »

1.35 is the latest-

DIR 655 downloads

Look for dir655_FW_135NA.zip

Thx.

Fearless Predictor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »

I have an issue with 1.34NA where the router will crash everyone once in a while.
Actually, not fully crash.
Just my VoIP will stop registering with there providers.
I have 2 separate VoIP lines each from a different provider.  Approximately, Once evey 2 weeks or so, they will go down.  and the only way I can get them to re-register is to reboot my DIR-655 router.
I think that downloading torrents my exaggerate the issue...

VoIP is using port 5060 possibly 5061 as well.

sounds like a BUG! no?

Maybe nail down exactily what ports your VOIP is using. I use Magicjacks and MagicJack plus and I had to configure them in Port Forwarding TCP and UDP Allow for ports 5060,5070  and another setting for 49152,65525. Perhaps this will help with VOIP at least.
Pages: 1 [2]