• April 16, 2024, 03:15:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link toolbar powered by AOL hijacks my browser  (Read 25575 times)

dlnk123

• Level 1 Member
D-Link toolbar powered by AOL hijacks my browser
« on: March 08, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »

I installed the router and the D-Link toolbar powered by AOL. After that I have the AOL toolbar constantly displayed on my new tabs. Also, my default search was changed to AOL search.  If I close the toolbar or user other search engine, all web pages get loaded with errors.  I uninstalled the D-link toolbar but it did not help me to remove the annoying AOL toolbar. I contacted several people from D-link technical support, they tried what usually needs be done to remove a toolbar but nothing worked. I was transferred to  supervisors who did not know how to remove it as well.  I googled for the topic, tried some solutions found on the web  but nothink helped.

Does anyone know how to remove the AOL toolbar and AOL search installed with the D-link toolbar?

JimboCol

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-Link toolbar powered by AOL hijacks my browser
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »

I installed the router and the D-Link toolbar powered by AOL. After that I have the AOL toolbar constantly displayed on my new tabs. Also, my default search was changed to AOL search.  If I close the toolbar or user other search engine, all web pages get loaded with errors.  I uninstalled the D-link toolbar but it did not help me to remove the annoying AOL toolbar. I contacted several people from D-link technical support, they tried what usually needs be done to remove a toolbar but nothing worked. I was transferred to  supervisors who did not know how to remove it as well.  I googled for the topic, tried some solutions found on the web  but nothink helped.

Does anyone know how to remove the AOL toolbar and AOL search installed with the D-link toolbar?

Never. never, ever install ANYTHING on your system that has anything to do with AOL.  They are the biggest distributors of spy-ware, malware, and viruses in the entire world.  Because D-Link put it's name on it should have raised another red flag.  Look at the mess D-Link created with their embedded malware/virus called secure spot that they have no intentions of fixing.  Just like thieves in the night, birds of a feather flock together.

I suggest that you install it immediately.  Look in add/remove programs to see of there is an entry there. then look in your start menu to see if there might be some sort of entry there.  Sometimes these programs will come with an uninstall program.  If there is no way to uninstall it, then just disable it.  In any case you must not allow it to remain active.

Jim.