The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-879

Can't connect without cloning the mac adress on bridge mode

(1/2) > >>

jeffstrife:
after my ISP changed their old cable modem for a new one, i cant use my router while the MTA is on bridge mode, the router's light remain orange, i can only access the internet through the router if i clone the PC MAC Adress to my router, but it slow down the internet and increase my ping and jitter.
Old Cable Modem: PACE C6500
New Cable Modem: Motorola SVG6582
ISP: Net Virtua 120mb Down/10mb UP

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works.  If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ.

jeffstrife:
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.A:  HW:A1
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status. A: FW:1.05
What region are you located? Brazil
What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL? Cable
If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works.  If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ. A: This is actually the problem, if i put the modem on bridge mode, i can't connect to the internet through the router, only if i clone the Router Mac Adress using my PC Mac Adress.

FurryNutz:
Possible that your ISP may require MAC cloning. You could set ISP Modem back to router mode and use it's DMZ for the 879 router...

jeffstrife:
cloning the cable modem WAN Mac Adress didn't work, any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version