• April 28, 2024, 03:37:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] DFL-210 and L2TP over IPSec for roaming client does not work.  (Read 6654 times)

Leq

• Level 1 Member

I've got DFL-210 with 2.25.01.28 firmware. I'm using connection to my ISP with L2TP-client.

I've completed PPTP server configuration and it works fine.

Right now I'm trying to establish L2TP server with that one guide: http://www.dlink.com/support/faqDetail/?prod_id=3248&print=1

Of course, I'm using L2TP_client_ip (aka Corbina) instead of wan_ip everywhere. But it does not work.

My L2TP log is here:

http://subaru.starfire.ru/l2tp_log.jpg

Thanks!

P.S. When I'm trying to establish L2TP connection to DFL-210, my PPTP connection to DFL-210 and SSH connection (SATted) to linux server behind DFL became broken... Maybe that can help.
I'm using Windows 2003 Server PC to establish L2TP connection.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:51:11 AM by Leq »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: DFL-210 and L2TP over IPSec for roaming client does not work.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »

I am going to start out by pleading ignorance, I have only ever seen a L2TP WAN connection on here before, I have never heard of them used in the states.

Does the tunnel provide you a publicly routable IP?
Does the tunnel alter your MTU?
Have you adjusted your IPsec MTU to match your WAN?

The log makes it look like you tunnel is coming up and then immediately collapsing.
non progredi est regredi

Leq

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

Hello, Fatman!

My ISP uses PPTP and L2TP for VPN connection to accounting device and establish Internet connection, and right now L2TP is much, much faster then PPTP, so I use DFL L2TP-client to establish connection.

Yes, I have dynamic public IP (changes every time device reconnect) and I use DynDNS to establish connections to my DFL-210 from external nets.

Yes, L2TP tunnel alter MTU to 1452 bytes and I've set MTU 1350 bytes in IPSec tunnel parameters.

As far you can see PPTP server works fine. I'll try to bring up L2TP without IPSec and see what's happend.

I think, that L2TP user cannot authentificate somewhy... There is blank space behind "user" field in log, where L2TP connection is terminating.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:28:31 AM by Leq »

Leq

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »

For information - looks like there is problem on ISP side. L2TP over IPSec works when I connect to ISP using PPTP and doesn't work when I connect using L2TP.