• May 16, 2024, 09:11:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DLF-210 & Apple TV  (Read 3611 times)

htfan123

• Level 1 Member
DLF-210 & Apple TV
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:36 AM »

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting an Apple TV to an iTunes Library I have on a computer in my network.

My network configuration is as follows:

- Router - DFL-210
- Switch Linksys SRW224G4P
- Wireless Access Point: WAP4400N

I have the Apple TV connected via Wireless to the WAP.  I have the computer connected via Ethernet to the Switch.  So far, I have been unable to get these two to connect. 

It seems I have to make some modifications to the Router configuration (i.e., ensure the Ports are open, etc) but I really don't know how (I am not a super expert on these things).  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

htfan123

• Level 1 Member
Re: DLF-210 & Apple TV
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »

One additional piece of info...I can connect to the Internet through the AppleTV (i.e., so the apple tv is accessing the network) Still I can't get the iTunes to see the Apple TV.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »

Assuming both the AppleTV and the PC are on the LAN side of this device then this device could do nothing to stop the traffic even if it wanted to because it will all be switched traffic and would never be handled by the DFL.
non progredi est regredi

htfan123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »

I don't fully understand your answer....the way I have this set up is as follows (in order)

- DSL modem
- DFL-210 router
- Switch SRW224G4P

Both the Apple TV (through a WAP connected via an ethernet cable to the switch) and the PC (connected directly to the switch via an ethernet cable) can access the Internet (so I believe they are on the LAN side of the device...)

It's important to mention that before this setup, I had the Apple TV and the PC synced through a very basic DSL Modem/Router provided by the phone company.  This new setup is in my new place, where I was able to setup a more robust network...

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »

Since the AppleTV and the PC are both connected to the switch before the DFL-210, and they don't need a router since they are in the same network, then their traffic should not even be reaching the DFL-210 let alone be effected by it.

The problem is either on the switch or AP, do you have problems if you connect the Apple TV via Ethernet?
non progredi est regredi