• April 24, 2024, 12:52:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: D-ViewCam v3.0  (Read 95360 times)

Monitorprob

• Level 1 Member
Re: D-ViewCam v3.0
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »

This is my first ever post as well, wondering if anyone has a solution (tech line not able to resolve)

Dview Cam - installed

Launch "Main Console" - pop-up says " the minimum resolution for Main Console is 1024x768.  Please change the desktop resolution first"

Tried everything I could think of but to no avail.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Hello,

I don't usually write to forums and I'm new to this one. But in this case I just feel compelled to do so !!

I just find EXTREMELY BAD that the D-View Cam Main Console gives me an error message and actually refuses to open if the resolution is not set to 1024 x 768. I NEVER saw (maybe back in the 80's ?) a software that does behave that way....
I am using an external monitor set to 720p (that's 1280x720) and I have to manually put the console onto my main screen (set to 1024 x 768) to be able to open the console, then drag it to the other monitor, where it will actually work !! (so why does it not open in the first place ??????)

Sorry if  I am doing something wrong and please correct me or give me a solution. I just felt I had to write this as I understand this should be improved. It's not correct to have such poor programming, even if it's free (well I paid for the IPCams so ...)  :(

Best

Alain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]