COVR - D-Link Whole Home Systems > DIR-LX1870

Ethernet backhaul

<< < (2/2)

alvarotester:
All my satellites directly to the Master via the Master's LAN ports at the moment.

I also set it up initially via an old dumb switch and works fine. Eventually, I move the cables directly to the LAN ports on the Master.

I also tried connecting to the LAN ports of my Telstra Gen2 modem but it will take over the DLINK as the Master "Controller", messing up everything... So now, I have the removed my Gen2 entirely and it is OK after... Master connecting directly to my NBN modem. The new mesh appears stable with the exception from some clients running "Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)".... Which is clearly an issue with the DLINK or Intel.

All my devices used to work fine with my old Wifi-5 mesh.... I am getting lower throughput from this Wifi-6 mesh...Hopefully next FW will fix it

FurryNutz:
Killer products are known to have problems with some routers and wifi signals.
Killer has there own QoS on adapters. Something to try and see if you can disable to test...

Have not seen issues with this system and performances however I only have 1 B point for my needs and don't have any killer products.

Tin82:
I have spent 2 days getting this to work. Ik had the exact same issues as you while in bridge mode. What worked for me was using the Ethernet port iso the Internet port on the master/main unit to connect to my router. After that it is possible to connect the other units via ethernet.

plabrevo:
You meant, connect the Ethernet wire into the Internet port of the main unit and into the Ethernet ports of the other units?

It seems to work for me for the first (non-base) unit. But as soon as I plug the second (non-base) unit, the Wifi crashes.

Tin82:
No. The master also needs to be connected via the Ethernet port. So all 3 covr's via the Ethernet port. It's the only way for me to get it to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version