COVR - D-Link Whole Home Systems > DIR-LX1870

Ethernet backhaul

(1/2) > >>

plabrevo:
Hello

I am upgrading from a COVR-2202 system to a COVR-X1860 system with 3 access points.

This COVR-X1860 seems to be the little EMEA brother of the X1870 sold in the US.

I am not able to make the Ethernet backhaul working: each time I plug a wire on any of the two access points, in the ethernet port, the wifi goes south, I am loosing the internet.

I have retried the installation with no success.

I am using the first 1.01 firmware. I am configuring the system in bridge mode. I have retried twice the install with no luck.

Was anyone been able to properly use a COVR-X18xx device with the access point(s) all wired by a backhaul to better perform?

Thanks

FurryNutz:
Does the B point ethernet connect to the A point while the A point is configured for Router mode?

Ethernet configuration worked for me while in router mode:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=76130.0

alvarotester:
I just spent a whole day on this.
1. Factory reset everything, I have a new 1873 - 3 units
2. Set it up a router
3. put all 3 close to each other without ethernet so they are linked properly wirelessly
3. Once everything is "working", plug in the ethernet and check again. Hopefully is OK as well
4. Use the APP to change the "Operation" to "Extender" and select the "wired" option.

Hope you are lucky.

plabrevo:
Yes I also spent more than one whole day on this, doing exactly this, with no luck: as soon as one extender is wired, I am losing the Wifi on my mobile and it switch to 4G.

Maybe as well this may work well in router mode, but so far, maybe I am wrong, I am thinking that the router capability of this beast is not equivalent to the Dlink DIR router that I have been using for years, so I am trying to set this up in BRIDGE mode.

In the meantime I have opened a ticket. The first answer stated that backhaul is suppose to work - again maybe in router mode -so that is good to know.

FurryNutz:
I don't know if Bridge mode works in extender mode. I know it works for me and my 1 remote B point while ethernet connected while A point is in router mode.

Are you guys connecting the B points directly to the back of the A Point or is there a LAN switch in between?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version