• March 19, 2024, 02:33:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: The D-Link glows orange and the router does not access IP  (Read 12727 times)

IvankaTrump9666

• Level 1 Member
The D-Link glows orange and the router does not access IP
« on: July 11, 2020, 12:24:10 AM »

I've never had this problem before, but recently I had to get a new Ethernet cable because the old one was broken. So I bought a new one, and now when I connect my modem and router to get Wi-Fi, my router's power light shines in orange and I can only connect to the internet via PC with the modem.

I tried a complete reset on my router, but nothing came up yet. I also tried to go to the IP of the router (192.168.0.1) and it will not open the site. It's really frustrating because I started college and it's good to connect my laptop via Wi-Fi and not directly to the modem.

Windows Vista
-> Modem: Motorola
-> ISP: Shaw
-> Router: DIR-615

The bright orange light means it is starting.

Blinking orange light means you're in recovery mode due to a firmware failure.

This information is specific to certain D-Link routers.

You will need to update the router firmware again. Related policies (taken from the OpenWRT wiki page for revised DIR-615 for clarity):

1. Download the appropriate firmware from the D-Link website
2. Set the static IP on your PC to '192.168.0.2'.
3. Hold down the reset button until the power LED starts flashing orange (usually takes 45 seconds) to switch to firmware recovery mode. Or, hold down the reset button when turning on the router, which is very fast and only takes 5 to 15 seconds.
4. Go to 'http://192.168.0.1' from your PC's web browser. (Note: Most modern browsers do not work, see below, Firefox 13 portable version works) "Browse" and select the firmware you downloaded
5. Let the router display the picture, don't worry if it reboots before it reaches 100%. If the page loads forever or runs out of time, your browser does not support it. Look down.
6. Get a new IP from the router via DHCP

Try normal reset
1. To reset the router, locate the reset button (hole) in the back panel of the unit. - When the router is turned on, use the paper clip to hold down the button for 10 seconds.
2. Release the button and the router will go through its reboot process.
3. Wait for 30 seconds to access the router.
4. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1.
5. When logged in, the username admin and password box are empty.