• April 19, 2024, 04:32:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Got IP but nothing work  (Read 14677 times)

C3rv3au

• Level 1 Member
Got IP but nothing work
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »

Hi all,

I just purchased that product (DPH-540) for testing purpose. I'm working to get it working for hours now. It make me crazy.

First of all, the phone get an IP. But I can't ping it from my laptop, and can't ping the gateway from the phone. I turn off any encryption to the AP just to be sure, and not working.

I can't acces web GUI. No ping.

It tried to register to the asterisk server, but it's not registring.

I really don't understand. What could I do?

Thanks for any answer.

DRT-1000

• n00b
  • Level 2 Member
Re: Got IP but nothing work
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »

Anything special on your network? or just AP/Router DHCP server and phone? well and the obvious computer. Encryption type? MAC Filtering? WDS or anything?

The phone should respond to a ping, if you're not able to ping it I would suggest looking at either the encryption or trying updating to wireless info on the phone, maybe delete and recreate the profile.

C3rv3au

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »

I disabled any encryption when I saw it was not working, so it's not an encryption problem.

Like I said, the phone is getting an IP from my router, but can't ping it after, so no Web GUI. I really don't understand why it get an IP and can't ping it. I'm not a newb. I have 20 years experience in network.

My AP is a ubiquity bullet 2 in bridge mode, and connect to a Mikrotik Router.

I tried also to configure the AP in router mode without success.

I gave the phone to an employe and at their home, he said he can ping it. He got an Dlink router. But i'm telling my self I'm sure it should work with almost all wireless router.

I tried to reset and re-create profile, but :(

Any idea?

DRT-1000

• n00b
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »

tried a fixed IP on the phone yet?

C3rv3au

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »

Yes I tried too.

DRT-1000

• n00b
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »

It should definitely work with your AP, i see no reason it would not. however the fact remains that it does not. which is weird. I have no way of testing my phone with a bullet as i do not have one. I would suggest testing it with a different AP and see what happens.

In the routers DHCP table you see the phone? Also check the logs for anything that shows it being deauthenticated or anything like that.....although it sounds as if you would have done that already.

C3rv3au

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

I didn't check the DHCP table. The phone is getting an IP in the good range. I tried with 2 routers with 2 different subnet and getting a good IP. But I would check that when my employe came back with the phone.