• March 28, 2024, 03:10:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Net connection drops out  (Read 4737 times)

Ardashir

• Level 1 Member
Net connection drops out
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »

Hi

I have a DIR-855 running firmware 1.12EU.

My problem is that very frequently - every 5-10 minutes - I lose connection when using a web browser, and can not get access to any web pages - including the router itself - for 1-2 minutes. Then it comes back.

This does not seem to affect other web programs, such as Spotify, Winboard or MSN, which continue to function without losing connection. While the problem is going on it does seem to be impossible to connect a NEW MSN-conversation, however.
I have tried changing DNS-servers, but it did not help. I also tried writing IP-adresses directly into the browser window, but that did not help either.

Any tips?

Arild Tørum
Norway

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
Re: Net connection drops out
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:09:59 PM »

Ironically, I have a similar issue that started with the 1.22.  After a couple of days, the router drops the connection until I reboot it.  It's really disappointing that these issues have gone on for so long.  I'm starting to think D-Link should just recall the DIR-855 and DGL-4500 routers and start fresh. 

MLGTWISTED

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »

When the router restarts I can't get back on the internet on this pc, but on other pc's they can get on fine.  This pc requires a restart for some reason and then I can access the internet again; which is wierd.

Im not too sure whats causing the random restarts, its possible that it does have something to do with the dns relay, but Ive had restarts with it turned off also.  It does seem to go for longer when turned off though however.

As of now, I have absolutely no idea whats causing the restarts, Ive played around with lots of settings, and none seem to change anything.  I jump onto many ideas, and right now Im questioning wether wireless is causing the restarts, Ill try turning both wireless's off, and see if that helps.

Im pretty sure we have to have another firmware update, I don't think us playing around for the perfect setting is going to work when its the software thats driving the router.

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »

When i reboot my router, I get my net connection back.  Annoyingly, this is starting to become a daily routine.  D-Link seems to have forgotton about this product.  There hasn't been much of any activity from anyone at D-Link since early February.  There's nothing like a $300 paper weight. 

Chunga

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »

Same problem here.
And when i look at music videos on Youtube i can watch 10 sec. then load - then 10 sec - then load.
I changed to my old router - no problem.
So the problem is in the router.
And why is it getting so damn hot!? Could it be a cooling problem?
Btw - i use cable connection.
So its realy funny. The most expensive router i have ever bought. And the worst so far.

JPF12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:50 AM »

Downgrade your NA firmware to the stable version.