• March 28, 2024, 11:17:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGE-530T & Win 7 64 bit  (Read 14947 times)

Berzerk

• Level 1 Member
DGE-530T & Win 7 64 bit
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

Does any know if D-Link is working on a WORKING driver for the DGE-530T for Windows 7 64 bit....because Microsoft seems to think it is compatible, but it don't do jack. I have tried two different cards. Both work on a 32bit system. I have tried the x64 XP, Server 2008 64 bit , and Vista 64 bit drivers and they all do the same thing...they DON'T work. Here is what is happening.
Loop
NIC card enabled
NIC card discovering Network
NIC card cable disconnected
NIC card disabled
Goto loop

And so help me, I will turn violent if someone suggests that I need to have my network cable plugged in.  ;D

Berzerk

• Level 1 Member

bump

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member

you may have more luck by just sending the mods an PM...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member

I have seen such things with other adapters...had bought several netgear wgt301's a few years back, same store at same time, and when I tried to install an updated driver some months later, it only worked for 3 of the 4 adapters.

That 4th adapter just would not digest the updated driver for some reason.  It worked fine with the original driver, and oddly, it worked again with the 18 months later updated driver, but that middling update was just un-digestible for it.

Go figger.

Also, You might check for a driver from teh actual DGE's chipset maker, maybe its an Atheros ??  I had to do that with my DLink card Extreme N PCI 3 antennas (brain fart on model number here)...The Atheros generic driver worked fine, but the DLink included driver would not....that was with XP pro 32bit.

DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

Berzerk

• Level 1 Member

The Chipset on the card is Marvel 88e8001. I download THEIR drivers, and same thing....so it looks like Marvel are the ones that need to work on this.....

Berzerk

• Level 1 Member

Just an update...been talking to Marvell. It turns out that the DGE-530T is only incompatible with Windows 7 64 Bit IF you have 4GB of RAM. Went through some trouble shooting with one of Marvells techs, and we discovered that if I pulled out 2GB of RAM it worked. No word from them yet, as to if they are going to make a fix. I'll keep you all posted, as I'm sure D-link is losing sleep over the fact that one of their products is *raping out.

Berzerk

• Level 1 Member

Sad news. Looks like marvell has no intention of fixing this obvious flaw in their chipset. Here is what they said to me.
"Hello,

We looked at this problem, but will not be fixing this compatibility issue.

Thanks,

Lester"
So, shame on you D-Link for lieing to me and saying that you are working on a fix. Shame on you D-Link, Marvell, and Microsoft for all saying that this is compatible with 64 bit OS. Its a lie. Saying that something is compatible with 64bit os but only up 2GB of ram is like saying a porshe can travel 300ks on a tank of gas, but you can never drive it for more than 150ks because the tank will only fill half way.
 Augh.....this is out right lieing. I will be returning these cards to the store, and I will be leaving this information on all the 100 different internet sites where people are asking why this card doesn't work.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member

Hi,

I can't imagine why RAM quantity should affect the compatibility of any adapter one way or another.  Win7 seems to run fine on 2 GB of RAM here, even on my old NForce4 based mobo.  Oddly its my mobo sensitivity to RAM that stops me from running more than 2 GB where it could hold 4 GB physically.

If a driver loads, it loads.  Did they offer any explanation as to how it is impacting your system the way it is ?
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member

Poorly written drivers can cause issues with system that runs in 64bit mode, 32bit mode with 3GB user mode or PAE enabled. The typical result is BSOD. Also Windows Vista before SP1 has a bug that prevents it to be installed onto system with 4GB or more RAM.

A wild guess is when you use 4GB in 64bit system, the BIOS will use its memory remapping feature (either manually or automatically depends on the BIOS) to allow the system access to all 4GB of RAM versus the usual less on 32bit system and this cause the memory geometry to change, this can causes issues with poorly written drivers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:14:34 AM by bigeyes0x0 »

hpux-sol

• Level 1 Member

Update-here it is, January 2011, and I just attempted..(note "attempted") to install this card into a Win 7, 64 bit machine, with 4 GB of memory. Does not work, still. Card was purchased late last week, and had I found this forum before today, I would not have wasted the time and $ for this card.

somp

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

I am using DGE-530T rev B with Win 7, 64 bits, 4 GB ram. The driver is yk60x64.inf, yk60x64.sys, yk60x64.cat. It is working perfectly fine. I can not recall where I got this, probably from Microsoft update catalog, go to Microsoft update catalog and search for D-link DGE-530T. Hopefully it works for you also.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:29:34 PM by somp »