• April 27, 2024, 08:47:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: NEW firmware - 1.32 BETA 01  (Read 45307 times)

Arvald

• Level 3 Member
Re: NEW firmware - 1.32 BETA 01
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »

Shadow, that probably won't happen.

ATT/Verizon/TMobile/Sprint/ETC probably get irked that D-Link offered a way to share the 3G with more than 1 PC.  Sensing a potential dent in their RIDICULOUS profit margin, they probably whined screamed complained and moaned to D-Link until they removed the 3G function.
who cares about those guys?
They've already said that they will likely add the feature back into a Euro and Canadian version.
The reason that they took it out is it was not working 100% with a number of the US providers.  removing it actually harms them in the international perspective.

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »

There is already the DIR-451 as UMTS/HSDPA router.
It is sold in US but not in Europe (in the moment).

Perhaps they don't want a second one with this feature.
My last information was that there is no plan to update the current 1.21EUb07 version in the next weeks because it runs just fine.

But who knows ?

CWagz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »

Lycan,

I have logs and screenshots all zipped up and ready to send. Please provide instructions on how to get it to you. This is in regards to the UPnP issue.

Thanks

papachungo13

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »

1.32 appears to have fixed the problem I had with my printer connection and router reset after printing on the SharePort.  However I'm still having a problem with print quality.  A single page print job produces 2 pages - top half of print on page one and bottom half of print on page 2.  Colors are also not being accurately reproduced - black and white text is printed as other colors, pictures have colors other thn what is on screen.  Printer works fine when connected directly to PC, and ink tanks are full (using a Canon iP6600D).  There's still some more work to do on the Beta, hope it gets resolved.
Product: DIR-825 - HW Version: B1 - FW Version: Formerly 2.03NA, Now DD-WRT

vulkanbros

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »

1.32 appears to have fixed the problem I had with my printer connection and router reset after printing on the SharePort.  However I'm still having a problem with print quality.  A single page print job produces 2 pages - top half of print on page one and bottom half of print on page 2.  Colors are also not being accurately reproduced - black and white text is printed as other colors, pictures have colors other thn what is on screen.  Printer works fine when connected directly to PC, and ink tanks are full (using a Canon iP6600D).  There's still some more work to do on the Beta, hope it gets resolved.

I have a HP DeskJet F4180 and I have no problems with the quality nor the amount of the pages printed- sounds to me, to be a printer config problem - but if you tell me, that the printer is working OK when on direct USB from the computer or when on wired LAN - then I would agree with you, that there might still be a problem with the router firmware....anyway I think D-Link has made a huge step in the right direction with FW 1.32
Product: DIR-655 - HW Version: A2 - FW Version: 1.33NAb01

Product: DAP-1522 - HW Version: A1 FW: 1.20

Product: DWA-643 - HW Version: A1 - FW Version: 2.0

Product: DWA-160 - HW Version: A1 - FW Version: 1.20 E

Product: DCS-1130 - HW Version:A1 - FW Version: 1.01

R3XNebular

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »

I'm having the same problem, printer prints out pages then stops half way and resumes on a new blank piece of paper. What a waste.

Tsumeone

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2009, 11:57:11 AM »

who cares about those guys?
They've already said that they will likely add the feature back into a Euro and Canadian version.
The reason that they took it out is it was not working 100% with a number of the US providers.  removing it actually harms them in the international perspective.

Unfortunately, the US is their home territory...

That, and they probably don't want to cannibalize market share from their other product dedicated to that function.

papachungo13

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »

I'm having the same problem, printer prints out pages then stops half way and resumes on a new blank piece of paper. What a waste.

Desperate and willing to try anything, I downloaded the Silex Driver and installed after removing the D-Link version and cleaning the registry (hardly anything to clean, but what the heck).

First test print came out correctly - one page document on one sheet of paper, correct colors, font size etc.

You may want to try the 1.32 Beta with the silex driver version:

http://www.silexeurope.com/en/home/support/productgroups/common-downloads/device-server-and-virtual-link.html

SX-Virtual Link 3.2.3 26.05.2009.

By no means a confirmation that all is well, but will report tomorrow after further testing.

Update:

Attempted to print a PDF file that mis-printed before (6 pages color, duplex).  Again font style and color were correct on the first 2 pages (an improvement on what was happening previously), however the router choked on the third page and restarted, killing the print connection and the print job.  This is what was happening before with 1.31NA.

Preliminary conclusion: Issue fixed for smaller print jobs - it appears that the router may have difficulty handling large data streams based on reported problems in other threads with SharePort connected Drives as well as printers.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:14:08 PM by papachungo13 »
Product: DIR-825 - HW Version: B1 - FW Version: Formerly 2.03NA, Now DD-WRT

Makaveli2010

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »

Hey everyone, I upgraded to this firmware after installing v1.31. The issue I am experiencing is a slow wireless connection when transmitting data. What I don't understand is it happens when I open up "utorrent", and have it there idling with no uploads or downloads. If there were to be an upload of 0.09kb/s, slow wireless connectivity will occur throughout my network. DNS Relay is turned off as I read other posts stating it may be the issue.

Now I am running 1.32 beta, and this problem still occurs, and I am so confused and frustrated, words just can't describe how I feel. After installing this firmware, I would of expected this flaw in the software to be corrected, but of course it wasn't. Either it was corrected and something is just wrong with my configurations, I have no idea. Right after the completion of 1.32 beta, I did a 30 second hard reset. Once that was done, I set up my wireless and security. If there are certain settings I am suppose to do, please inform me because this is driving me crazy.

Thank you guys.

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:48 PM »

Actually there is an IE for mac....its very old but still there. I use it at work for our helpdesk system (only works 100% in ie) when I am to lazy to open my vm machine with windows or bootcamp myself. Just do a search for ie for mac and ull find 5.2.3 if you are desperate for IE. As for me Im stuck on 1.11 forever for the wake on lan ability and im fine with that.

Absolutely understood & agreed - But in this case the parameters for which Browser was acceptable were much too vague.

And us Mac users cannot use Internet Explorer, as there is no Mac version.

Tsumeone

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

Well, router stopped accepting new connections today.  Got connection refused trying to access 192.168.0.1 and DNS couldn't do anything (DNS relay is on)

=/ 

Makaveli2010

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »

Any word on when another beta firmware will be released. If not another beta, when will there be an official dlink firmware for this router. I was forced to revert back to my Linksys WRT350N with custom firmware of DD-WRT. Dlink DIR 655 is a great router and I was not looking forward to hook back up my linksys router because I Just dislike linksys. Slow wireless connection is what made me switch back to my old router, even this 1.32 beta did not fix that problem. Dlink needs to correct this issue or they're going to lose a lot of customers.

summerstormpictures

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »

...when will there be an official dlink firmware for this router.

''Official firmware? Did you say 'official firmware?' Yeah, when monkeys fly out of my...(insert slang anatomical reference here)''

This is pretty much the answer to expect anymore I'm afraid.

As for another beta--seems they just released one, but...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]