• April 27, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Cannot save settings on DIR-655  (Read 70224 times)

entirelynutz

• Level 1 Member
Cannot save settings on DIR-655
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:44:49 PM »

When I initially configured my DIR-655 I was able to save settings. Now whenever I go in and try to make a change, I get a waiting message and the settings are not saved. This could be adding a MAC to ip map, a password change, time change.

Is anybody else experiencing this? If so, how did you fix it. D-Link support just has be restore factory settings, get a new ip address, and connect to the internet. At that point they say it's working. I then reload my saved settings and try to make other changes and it won't save.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Cannot save settings on DIR-655
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:21:17 PM »

When you load a saved config this causes this errors. Just reconfigure manually from factory defaults. Even the smallest binairy glitch while saving the file will create havoc. Don't blame the router, it's just the 0's 1's.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

dsred

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »

F/W 1.21 H/W A3
Have the same problem. The only way to introduce a change to the existing configuration is to
factory reset the router and setup manually the configuration. I can save the settings and reboot the router at that point. But if I want to modify the configuration, I'm out of luck. In other words I can "Save Settings" only once.

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »

When you load a saved config this causes this errors. Just reconfigure manually from factory defaults. Even the smallest binairy glitch while saving the file will create havoc. Don't blame the router, it's just the 0's 1's.

:o rrright...
A3 1.3zzz

Orion

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

Saving configuration settings is a problem with some hardware versions and the 1.21 firmware (I have primarily seen it in A4s). Use the 1.22b05 firmware available on the FTP site and setup manually, do not reuse any saved configuration files.

Jocke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:47:04 AM »

I had the same problem when I upgraded my A4 (EU) to v1.21. Could only change and save settings once.
Now I'm back to v1.20EU... and I'm not sure if I "dare" upgrading to v1.30 without any way to revert back if the problem is still there. :-\

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »

I had the same problem when I upgraded my A4 (EU) to v1.21. Could only change and save settings once.
Now I'm back to v1.20EU... and I'm not sure if I "dare" upgrading to v1.30 without any way to revert back if the problem is still there. :-\

You missed one: Go to 1.22beta05 and your troubles will be over. DO NOT go to 1.30 unless you are really sure you don't want to downgrade. It's more of an 'alpha' beta...

dsred

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

EddieZ,

Where can I get 1.22 beta05? It is not available at the support/download section.
Thanks.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

Link: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/dir655_firmware_122b05_beta.zip

unickz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 12:36:40 PM »

For those thinking about upgrading to the next 1.3x beta or the next bump up from there - there are sharks in the water!! :o

WHY would Dlink NOT tell everyone that "save settings" or "save configuration" is not going to help avoid losing your settings?!!  NOWHERE do they tell you that they have changed the format and you will lose your customizations unless you go thru all the pages and manually enter everything?

We haven't seen the last of this problem. (I include a previous topic and quote for an outside reference -  Why didn't they want us to know up front in the release notes??)

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30810/97/

So more features? I thought this thing was EOL?
unix - it's what's for dinner

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »

For those thinking about upgrading to the next 1.3x beta or the next bump up from there - there are sharks in the water!! :o

Guess I'll be driving this quesiton into the ground until someone slaps me down but - What internet browser are you using?
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »

A warning might be the best thing. IN general, flashing and setting up from default is always the best method to prevent issues. But that's the case with a lot of PC best practices: they're not in the manual.

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »

A warning might be the best thing. IN general, flashing and setting up from default is always the best method to prevent issues. But that's the case with a lot of PC best practices: they're not in the manual.

I run the risk of sounding like a real "you know what" by saying this but I can save my settings, flash new firmware, and restore old settings as easily as I make stupid comments. Demonized, surely you know, can browser incompatibilty cause or contribute to these issues? There's GOT to be a cause. Nothing makes me grit my teeth more than to hear you say that you are having zero problems with Shareport. It makes me want to throw a 2 year old toddler style hissy fit. So I tread lightly when I come here to say that "Hey, I ain't got no problem. What's your problem?" I'd really like to help but I am merely a member of the great unwashed who reads the internet in order to become an instant genius.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

A browser cannot interfere directly with the 'commands' given (checked options in the GUI). But...the browser does execute the javascript commands (see the source of the GUI to see the javascript) and an incompatibility in that can cause certain errors (like not saving) to occur. In theory.

For example: I have a website, made with Dreamweaver. It uses Flash and three or four javascripts, to make flashy menu's and photo galleries popping up etc (FYI: http://www.sophisticatednails.nl , goto 'Foto's' to see the image galleries. And if you like it you can get your nails done  ;D) . Any way... Certain scripts did not work correctly in IE8, messing up the layout etc but worked fine in Chrome and FF....

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »

A browser cannot interfere directly with the 'commands' given (checked options in the GUI). But...the browser does execute the javascript commands (see the source of the GUI to see the javascript) and an incompatibility in that can cause certain errors (like not saving) to occur. In theory.

For example: I have a website, made with Dreamweaver. It uses Flash and three or four javascripts, to make flashy menu's and photo galleries popping up etc (FYI: http://www.sophisticatednails.nl , goto 'Foto's' to see the image galleries. And if you like it you can get your nails done  ;D) . Any way... Certain scripts did not work correctly in IE8, messing up the layout etc but worked fine in Chrome and FF....

OK, now that I know this, there is Windows Java, and there is Java Java. Are they the same? If not, which one does D-Link use to test their interface? If it's Java Java, is the testing always done to the latest and greatest revision? I need a D-Link engineer right this second to answer these questions....I'm waiting.....still waiting. There's never an engineer around when you need one. I use the Java Java version and like a doofus (this thing doesn't like the word Idi*t), I let it install this little time bomb that runs on boot up to check if there are new revisions. Well, this does insure that I always have the latest version. It also "might" be the reason I don't have these problems.

If my wife and I are ever in your neck of the woods, I'll drop her off for a manicure. I use the tried and true chew and spit it out the car window method of nail care. Kinda like when I grew up, if you spoke about skin care for men it meant you, or somebody you knew just got a bunch of stitches.   

Edit: LOL. OK Demonized, I visited that web site and I will easily admit that that is some impressive coding you've done there. Very stylish work. I you EVER tell me that you work at the CERN particle accelerator on weekends just for fun.....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:02:13 PM by Clancy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7