• April 27, 2024, 07:52:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DIR-655 Access Control Err "Name can not be an empty string"  (Read 48279 times)

madmax44

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-655 Access Control Err "Name can not be an empty string"
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »

Still no luck almost 2 months later and new firmware. I feel like I have tried everything. Any other ideas?

madmax44

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2010, 04:37:42 PM »

HOLY ****! I finally got it working! Updated to the 1.34NA firmware and on the 3rd reset today I got it working. The only thing I did different the 3rd reset is that the FIRST thing I did right after the reset was set up the Access Control Rule before I set up my wireless network (SSID, key, etc.). Why setting up my wireless breaks Access Control I have no idea.

Quote from: Dirkpitt
Carefully backing away from the router so as not to upset it...

And just to confirm.... after setting up my wireless I cannot add or change a Access Control policy but the ones I setup right after the reset still work.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:53:29 PM by madmax44 »

AFP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 05:14:01 AM »

Ok, dMb got it working.  Not sure if I should be posting here giving the age of the thread, but other forums directed me here as the 'official' thread.

Same issue with a DIR-655, Firmware 1.34NA, Hardware A1/A2.

Done multiple hardware resets, reloaded factory config more times then I can count.  Used three different browsers in 2 different OS's. Tried multiple variations in the name (with space(s), no space(s), all numeric, all text, alphanumeric.

Went to try the firmware that Bett0 told dMb to try, but
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Admittedly I have not tried setting up access control before setting up wireless yet, but I don't see why I should wipe my router clean just to modify an access control schedule.

Guess its time to pull out my linksys router.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »

The firmware in Bett0's link was a beta firmware that is no longer available.  Have you tried the 1.35NA firmware?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]