• April 27, 2024, 08:19:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DIR-655 Access Control Err "Name can not be an empty string"  (Read 48280 times)

Smeden2

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-655 Access Control Err "Name can not be an empty string"
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 05:54:33 AM »

Lycan, I have raised a Supportissue on this to my local support here in Sweden.
So far (14 days) I have not heard anything from them.

Very soon I will return my 655, and as I stated earlier, I´m very satisfied with it apart from this issue.
The local support is another problem.
Do you have any idea what´s happening ???

???  ???  ???

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 11:54:21 AM »

We are unable to pinpoint or even replicate this issue. I've RMA'd a unit that was suffering from this and couldn't get the unit to recreate the error.
We're workign on it and I'll bring it up again.

blainem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »

Lycan,

Anything we can do or provide to help replicate the error?

klapidus

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »

Just thought I'd chime in and report that I have the same problem. It's obvious that there is a problem with 1.11 but dlink can't figure this out?

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »

This is a tricky one. We've tried to replicate the issue in house. I'd like to RMA someones unit that is having this problem. I might even be able to work out the shipping (maybe).
Any takers?

xnihilo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »

This is a tricky one. We've tried to replicate the issue in house. I'd like to RMA someones unit that is having this problem. I might even be able to work out the shipping (maybe).
Any takers?

I'd volunteer mine, but need to have access to the Internet on most of my PC, and don't have another router. Would it be possible to arrange the RMA in such a way that I get the new router from DLink first, and then send out mine for the developers to examine?

blainem

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

Just curious if they had any luck on the one I RMAed too.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »

I'd volunteer mine, but need to have access to the Internet on most of my PC, and don't have another router. Would it be possible to arrange the RMA in such a way that I get the new router from DLink first, and then send out mine for the developers to examine?

Yes. When you go to the RMA portal select Advance Replacement (or something along those lines), give a credit card number, agree to ship the broken one back. Then when you get the replacement return the broken ASAP (Credit card hold is charged at 30 days). Contact them by email or phone if it does not work that way.
Meanest person you know

janitzio

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »

I have the same problem for the last week, everything was working fine, I used firmware V1.20 for a long time without any problems and when I try to change a schedule in Access Control everything went down... I had to reprogram my router several times but same message keeps popping out... I'll need to start a "case" in the support area to get an RMA?

Smeden2

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

Lycan,
since I´ve raised a Support request on this to my swedish support and not heard from them for soon to be a month, maybe you can pull some strings. They can have mine to test on. If they even bother to reply to my request!

dlinknotuser

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »

Just found this post, i have this error too. My box is unchanged, no updates have been done.

Product Page: DIR-655 Hardware Version: A1/A2 Firmware Version: 1.03

I have not updated my firmware since i see others also having problems with the 1.11 firmware.

Can anyone tell me if the latest DIR655A1_FW111EUb02.bin have this issue resolved?

Thanks.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

Does anyone have this problem with a US DIR-655? I think two of the posters have mentioned they have EU versions.
Meanest person you know

xnihilo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »

@AWDL:
I bough mine in Canada, but I suppose its the same as the US version? It was having that problem both initially and with  the EU version as well.

Also,..where is the RMA portal? A quick search didnt give me any links, so I figured I'd ask :)

dlinknotuser

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »

Sendt a message to the local D-Link support yesterday with detailed problem descritpion; they told me to try a different name for the policy, thats it.

I have, as you others, tried various combinations with no luck.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

@AWDL:
I bough mine in Canada, but I suppose its the same as the US version? It was having that problem both initially and with  the EU version as well.

Also,..where is the RMA portal? A quick search didnt give me any links, so I figured I'd ask :)

Canada should have the a non-EU version, just like the US.

Canada doesn't have a portal. I was giving US answers. The US answer is rma.dlink.com
Meanest person you know
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6