• April 24, 2024, 12:46:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 932L No Motion Detection Event Email Notifications from mydlink  (Read 5695 times)

piano man

• Level 1 Member

I checked the "Send e-mail notifications" box on the Settings tab at mydlink.com but no emails are sent even though it says:

"When enabled, notifications will be sent to your mydlink registered e-mail address when specific events occur."

and it shows my correct registered email address. (which it used to send me an activation request when I registered).

The Event Trigger Settings are correct and emails are sent after I set up another email address in the advanced settings, which I assume are stored in and sent directly from the server in the 932L itself.

So I have it working, but shouldn't mydlink also be sending the same emails to the address I used to register as it says it should? Should it even be necessary to set up an email in the 932L settings at all?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 932L No Motion Detection Event Email Notifications from mydlink
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:28:19 AM »

What firmware version is installed on the DCS-932L?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

piano man

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »

The firmware was updated to the latest version online.

Yesterday, I bought a 2nd camera but this time a DCS-933L to get audio detection in another room. It acts the same way. Email notifications only work after loading email information directly into the camera interface. Emails are not sent to my registered email address by simply checking the mydlink option. Perhaps the mydlink "email server" simply isn't working at all. Is anyone getting email notifications from it?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »

What firmware version is installed?  What is the version number?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

piano man

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »

What firmware version is installed?  What is the version number?

Again, I updated the 932L via mydlink when prompted by it, and I updated the 933L manually by downloading the firmware.

My 932L has version 1.09
My 933L has version 1.04

I bought a 3rd camera today, another 932L and I will install it in another room tomorrow. But I don't expect any difference. The problem seems to be with the mydlink site rather than the cameras, since the motion detection and emails directly from the cameras are working fine.

I've run into other problems, but worked around them. The 933L consistently freezes up when saving settings from Safari 7.0.3. It won't respond to anything from any app until it is unplugged. After it is plugged in again the saved settings do appear. I found that saving the settings from another browser (SeaMonkey) worked fine without freezing the 933L. I only had this problem once with the first 932L. I'll try the 2nd 932L tomorrow.

I was unable to set up either camera manually in the WPA2-PSK:AES mode using the respective Mac OS Setup Apps. I always received authorization errors from my DLink 625 router when they tried to connect. I finally got them setup using the WPS function (which I normally have turned off on the router for security reasons), and then I turned off the WPS function on the router after setup. (BTW, the state of the WPS function on the router does not affect the email notification problem, before anyone asks.)

I've also found the first 932L takes a lot more light to stay in the daylight (color) mode than the 933L. That seems strange since I suspect they use the same sensors. Perhaps it is a firmware difference. I'll try the 2nd 932L tomorrow. In my application I don't really care, it's just an observation.

Aside from these setup issues, which I've worked around, I'm quite happy with the cameras as they do the job I needed for a good price - as evidenced by the fact I kept buying more even after I had these problems with the first camera.