• March 29, 2024, 12:10:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: database.mdb file reaches 2GB then hoses system  (Read 8925 times)

pkokkinis

• Level 1 Member
database.mdb file reaches 2GB then hoses system
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »

I have 23 of the DWL-3140AP's connected to 3 DES-1228P switches. My AP's have firmware 1.00.22 and my switches have firmware 1.30.13 as shown when I login to the switches via web browser (strangely, Dlink Support shows the latest firmware as 1.20.12). Anyway, I use Smart WLAN Manager 1.00.11 to manage the entire system. I have the polling interval set to the longest duration possible at 6000 seconds. Problem is when the C:\Program Files\D-Link\D-Link Smart WLAN Manager\Database.mdb reaches 2GB, the Smart Manager stops working and I have to delete the mdb file and start over again. Is there an automated way to have this file recycle itself, or is there a better management program, or am I the only one running across this problem? Many thanks in advance.

jkeane

• Level 1 Member
Re: database.mdb file reaches 2GB then hoses system
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:15:06 AM »

The reason about the firmware 1.30.13, is that your switch is H.W. Ver A2. The latest firmware for DES-1228p HW Ver A1 is 1.20.12..  I have not been able to find a newer firmware version for HW Ver A2, they ship with firmware 1.30.13.

Sorry I don’t use the D-Link Smart WLAN Manager. Just think outside the box, you can write a BAT file to delete or move the mdb file. Then set it as a task to run the BAT automatically once a week or as needed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:06:18 AM by jkeane »

pkokkinis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »

Thanks for the clarification on the switch version numbers.
Sorry for not mentioning this about the database file: When it reaches 2GB, it really gets hosed to the point where I have to delete the database.mdb file, uninstall Smart Manager, reinstall Smart Manager, and start over with the entire switch discovery utility again. What a pain. I guess I can keep Smart Manager off until those days I think management will ask for a report on wifi usage, but that won't work either. There has to be a way for that .mdb file to auto-purge itself, but I don't know enough about databases.

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »

I have never personally seen the database hit 2GB, I will run some tests and get back to you.
non progredi est regredi

pkokkinis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »

I have never personally seen the database hit 2GB, I will run some tests and get back to you.

Any news on this? I'm currently at 1.86GB on my database.mdb file and will have to uninstall/reinstall in the next 24-48 hours. I'd love to give anyone willing to help Remote Desktop access to my managent pc so they can see this in action. TIA.

thegadget

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

LOL, my mdb continues to grow as well.. I have almost the same setup you have, 3-1228p and 20 3140 APs.  I am having many issues.  Dlink is on their way over here tomorrow to look at the setup.

Good luck on getting the issue resolved.  I will be following your conquest.  So far Dlink has been very helpul and reponsive.  I am sure they will get these issues resolved one way or the other.
Josh
Bremondisd