• April 19, 2024, 04:26:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [solved] Remote backup from DNS-320L to another DNS-320L  (Read 8063 times)

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
[solved] Remote backup from DNS-320L to another DNS-320L
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »

Hi,

I have two DNS-320L's with identical HDD's configured in raid0
They are also both running firmware version 1.02 dated 03/29/2013

As individual units they are working working fine and accessible over my network

Due to running these in raid0 I am attempting to configure remote backup from NAS to NAS to give myself some redundancy in the event of HDD failure.

This is is where I am having difficulties.

Service Type: NAS to NAS
Backup direction: Local to Remote
Task: Backup
Folder Path: Volume_1
Remote IP: 2nd NAS IP Address
Password: password set in 2nd NAS
Enable encryption: not selected
Ingore existing file(s): selected

When progressing to the Connection test I get the following failure

SSH Test Result : Failed ( SSH Deny Access )

RSYNC Test Result : Failed ( RSYNC Test Failed )

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I get the same error when I attempt to configure remote to local from the 1st NAS box.

Bu if I sign into the 2nd NAS and I attempt to configure either local to remote or remote to local backup, the connection test seems to pass but the remote path dropdown selection box is empty apart from the message "Please select one folder"

This is doing my head in and I'm just going in circles, any suggestions?

Edit: I should also mention, I am running FFP on the 1st NAS with MySQL for my xbmc database.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:01:08 AM by Ardalista »

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
Re: Remote backup from DNS-320L to another DNS-320L
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »

Well I finally found out where I had gone wrong in my attempts to get the back from one 320L to a 2nd 320L working.

So for anyone else that may run into difficulties in the future here's where I went wrong.

In the Applications menu there are options for Remote Backup (which includes nas to nas, nas to linus, remote to local and vice versa)  and another option for Local Backup.

The Local Backup is the correct option to backup from one NAS box to another NAS box on the same lan

I wont go in depth into the settings unless someone really want me to at some point.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:02:26 AM by Ardalista »

rhino

• Level 1 Member
Re: [solved] Remote backup from DNS-320L to another DNS-320L
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »

Ardalista, I'm trying to to back up my DNS-325 to internal HDD in my router WNDR4700, which is another NAS. I've selected local  back up, but when test the url for my 2nd NAS (WNDR4700), it always return fails. Can you share you experience on setting up NAS to NAS back up, thanks.

deuf

• Level 2 Member
Re: Remote backup from DNS-320L to another DNS-320L
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:53 AM »

Well I finally found out where I had gone wrong in my attempts to get the back from one 320L to a 2nd 320L working.

So for anyone else that may run into difficulties in the future here's where I went wrong.

In the Applications menu there are options for Remote Backup (which includes nas to nas, nas to linus, remote to local and vice versa)  and another option for Local Backup.

The Local Backup is the correct option to backup from one NAS box to another NAS box on the same lan

I wont go in depth into the settings unless someone really want me to at some point.

Hi,

strange. I'm using remote backup to backup a DNS320L to another DNS320L.
Everything works fine (but i'm not really confident in changing parameters... but that's another story).
But you can use local backup or remote backup even on the same LAN.

Deuf