• March 18, 2024, 11:04:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-860L INTERNET LIGHT BLINKING ORANGE AND I LOST CONNECTION TO INTERNET  (Read 4833 times)

wilsonecruz

• Level 1 Member

I have this router for a couple of years, always working fine. Then my cable TV/Internet carrier company came to change the cable modem for a newer and faster version. It worked fine for a couple of days but then the DIR-860L started to be unstable. I power off and power on, I disconnect the power cord, etc, and it always follows all the boot sequence, connects, both lights go green (power and internet) and a couple of seconds later the internet light goes orange and keeps blinking (and for sure I lose connection).

Any suggestions? Should I change something, or reset, or renew firmware, or whatever? Any clue you give me will help me.

Thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Power OFF the DIR router AND ISP Modem for 1 minute then back ON.

I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. For DSL or Fiber service lines, ensure that the ISP is using good working phone or cable lines to the DSL modem and that the phone lines are filtered correctly. For cable Internet, RG-6 coaxial cable is needed, not RG-59. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. I recommend having the ISP service physically check the lines going from the out side to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.